Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about US Immigration for my partner in the future- And then some...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about US Immigration for my partner in the future- And then some...?

Heya!

So honestly, I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to ask all of my questions, and if anyone knows somewhere I can read up on them or ask instead, I'd greatly appreciate a point in the right direction!

US Immigration Question/Background:
    I'm planning on moving to Australia on the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) in 5 months tops to establish a "de facto relationship" setting with my boyfriend. However I'm currently putting my process on hold while I deal with some financial difficulties, so am having my boyfriend visit on the WVP in the meantime. Once I got over there and we lived together for 6 months, we planned to register our relationship with the state of Victoria so that I might file for the Onshore Partner Visa- But...With him coming to visit the Stats temporarily, it gives the option to marry in a courthouse so that we may easily share legalities and perhaps make my filing for the Onshore Partner Visa easier once we returned to Australia together when his time was up. His purpose for visiting is certainly NOT to marry, it's just an idea since it seems possible as he will be here anyway. But my concern is, will this cause him any difficulties if we wanted to return to the States and potentially get him a Visa in the future?

And if anyone knows of Australia immigration, my followup questions would be:
    Would this actually make my plans overseas harder? I've read some places I have to be outside of Australia when I file as a Spouse, and when it is decided if my full visa will be granted. Will I be made to leave if I am already in Australia on my Work and Holiday Visa if I file for the Onshore Partner Visa? Or so long as my first Visa is still valid, will I be fine?
    If marrying complicates this process, of course the idea goes out the window.

Thank you to anyone who can answer any of these questions, and I'm terribly sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about Australian Immigration, I just can't seem to find any help or forums anywhere! ><

Your fiance can get married on his temporary visit to the United States as a tourist

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X