Travelling on EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on EAD

I entered U.S. as a B2 visitor and got my status converted to student. I completed my Masters and joined an I.T. consulting firm. In April 2017 that firm filed an H-1B petition for me but that wasn't picked up in the lottery. Now I have applied for STEM OPT Extension. I have joined another company as a full time employee in Senior Engineer position. I know if I travel back to my home country (I plan on going back by the end of the year after I get my STEM OPT EAD) , I will have to go to the U.S. embassy and get an actual F-1 visa on my passport to enter U.S. again. I have done some research and there are some cases where people had expired F-1 visas but still had some time left on there EAD so they traveled back to their home country and got an F1 Visa for the duration of remainder period. I can get a new I-20 from school before travel and get a letter from my employer saying that I am a very important resource. Now here is my question, what can I do to make my case stronger at the embassy for F1 visa? Has anyone ever heard of a case like this? (Probably not LOL)

The older you are, the harder it is to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent in order to obtain F visas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X