Settling in US, via Canada/ Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settling in US, via Canada/ Australia

Hi, *Presently I am in Bangalore, un-married with 12 years of work experience in network testing.

My long term goal is to settle in US. *As there is lucky draw every year for that. *Instead of waiting on fortune, I plan to work in Canada/Australia till that time. *I have IELTS score of 7.0. *Please help me in resolve my questions

1. Is it not a good idea to work in Canada/Australia till I get US Visa. *Or should I concentrate only on US
    2. What would be good option to work. Either Canada or Australia.

Thanks in advance
    yuva.

There isn't a settling in the US "via" xx country. Each country stands on it's own. Having said that, Canada is right next to the US and some things are similar., perhaps your field of expertise* counts as that. (*I don't know, just a suggestion)

You can look into Canadian immigration on the cic's website. Here is a link where you can see what the requirements are for Express Entry. If you do not qualify for this, just look around on the website and they will give you all the info you need in order to apply for other ways to immigrate to Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/offer.asp

Since all immigration is no small task and you will probably have to jump through the same hoops again (submitting English scores, getting credentials evaluated, visa applications/-screen, medical, etc etc), you may want to consider applying for the US from the get go.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X