Retail Theft DS-160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Theft DS-160

Hi guys. I have a question, please, help me. 4 years ago i was in the US, and make mistake. I was caught in Walmart for Retail Theft, less than 30$. I was stuopid, and really sorry about that. I paid a fee 263$ in the police office and that's all. There was no court, no fingerprints or photos. Also i didn't did not receive any marks in the passport. Now i'm filling DS-160 application and there is a question there "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?". What should i point here? Thank you for a reply.

Assuming you didn't violate the terms of your visa, the answer to the question about violating the terms of your visa is "no"

You will, however, have to answer yes to the questions about being arrested and being convicted of a crime

Comment

Sounds like that was one of those in-store on the spot fines, and not the police. They don't give on the spot fines!!

i'd check your record via one of those background check places and see if it was really the police.
      Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
      Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
      Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X