Does Sponsor need to submit 1-539

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Sponsor need to submit 1-539

Hello, My friend sponsored her Aunt 4 months ago for Tourist visa and now due to medical reason she needs to stay here for another 5 months. At the moment her Aunt is staying with her nephew in different state. Is it my friend who need to submit extension for her or her Aunt can apply on her own? Please help
    Additionally, apart from medical letter stating reason for extension, what other documents are required to enclose with application?

Thanks,
    P

Originally posted by puja101 View Post
    Hello, My friend sponsored her Aunt 4 months ago for Tourist visa and now due to medical reason she needs to stay here for another 5 months. At the moment her Aunt is staying with her nephew in different state. Is it my friend who need to submit extension for her or her Aunt can apply on her own? Please help
    Additionally, apart from medical letter stating reason for extension, what other documents are required to enclose with application?

Thanks,
    P
    There is no such thing as a "sponsor" for a visitor visa. Your aunt is applying for extension of her own status. If she has made flight reservations to leave at the end of her extension already, it would be good to include that.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks! When I said she sponsored her, I mean she had provided I-134 form to her Aunt when her Aunt applied for Tourist Visa. Does my friend need to provide I-134 form again for her extension? Please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by puja101 View Post
        Thanks! When I said she sponsored her, I mean she had provided I-134 form to her Aunt when her Aunt applied for Tourist Visa. Does my friend need to provide I-134 form again for her extension? Please let me know
        It's not required. She can if she wants. I-134s are not legally binding.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

In my opinion.. it is not required!
            Life is priceless...need to value it..!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X