I-751 Processing Time???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-751 Processing Time!

I filed mine July 2017. All I've gotten is an extension letter, nothing else. It expires in July, what are the steps here? Do I file for an extension? Wait? What's do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by opme View Post
      I filed mine July 2017. All I've gotten is an extension letter, nothing else. It expires in July, what are the steps here? Do I file for an extension? Wait? What's do I do?
      You remain a conditional permanent resident for as long as I-751 is pending. If it gets close to July and it's still pending, you can go in to get an I-551 stamp if you want to have proof of permanent residency.

Also, by that time, you would have been a permanent resident for almost 3 years. When you get to 3 years minus 90 days, you are eligible to apply for naturalization under the 3-year rule if you want, regardless of whether your I-751 is still pending. In fact, applying for naturalization might help speed up your Removal of Conditions.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by alienrayray View Post
        no updates. looks like they are still processing from september of 2016. so it looks like there is nearly a 2 year delay.

in august they were processing for june 2016. 6 months have passed since then, and they are now only on september of 2016 (3 months accomplished). So it looks like they are getting slower and slower.

i filed in jan 2017 and at this rate it will be 2019 before they process ours. if you just filed yours, and nothing significantly changes i wouldn't expect yours to be processed until the earliest 2021
        Oh God. That's just too long. Is it possible for them to have different processing times for I-485 and I-751?

Comment

have been trying to make an appointment for i-551 stamp for two weeks now. every day the message is the same;

"Please note: USCIS offices in the United States only show available appointments for the next 14 days. Check back tomorrow for new appointment times."

i have also checked every major city within a 600 mile radius (not that i'm able to travel that far) and received the same message. have even tried checking at 12:30 am or first thing in the morning.

Can i walk in for the stamp? how am i supposed to get a stamp?

Comment

I found some available slots when checking around 7-7:30 in the morning for 2 weeks down the line here in NJ.

I have an appointment tomorrow. Do I just ask them for temporary I-551 stamp since I'm traveling in few months time and my I-751 is still processing? Is it as simple as that?

Comment

Originally posted by vik411 View Post
              I found some available slots when checking around 7-7:30 in the morning for 2 weeks down the line here in NJ.

I have an appointment tomorrow. Do I just ask them for temporary I-551 stamp since I'm traveling in few months time and my I-751 is still processing? Is it as simple as that?
              Yes. You don't really need a reason -- you are entitled to an I-551 stamp by the fact that your I-751 is pending and your extension letter is expiring, because as a permanent resident you are supposed to always have proof of permanent residency with you.

Comment

I-751 Processing Time (California Fillers Need Help)

Hi guys, anyone who also filled at California? I filed a Petition to Remove Conditions (married base) last Dec. 26, 2017. Until now I haven't received schedule for Biometric Appointment. Its already been 10 weeks when I filed by Petition, until now I haven't received when I will be having my biometric. Any one encountered some situation?

Thanks,

bjgj

Comment

Originally posted by bjgj View Post
                  Hi guys, anyone who also filled at California? I filed a Petition to Remove Conditions (married base) last Dec. 26, 2017. Until now I haven't received schedule for Biometric Appointment. Its already been 10 weeks when I filed by Petition, until now I haven't received when I will be having my biometric. Any one encountered some situation?

Thanks,

bjgj
                  I sent my paperwork last week, they received it on Wednesday and they still haven?t cashed my check. How long did it take for them to cash your check/money order?

Comment

we are getting the I751 package together... sending it next month and hoping things go as fast as our green card ...
                    i heard affidavits are not a must when you have a lot but sending 2 just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaba View Post
                      I sent my paperwork last week, they received it on Wednesday and they still haven?t cashed my check. How long did it take for them to cash your check/money order?
                      I filled mine Dec. 26, then I received Notice of Action for one year extension of my greencard in a week. After that, I haven't received Notice for Biometrics Apppointment. I'm already worried because some that filed by end of November they already had their biometric end of December.

Comment

My two years conditional residency expired December 2016 ,I put my I-751 and in the mail i receive the I-797 notice of action meaning my one year extension due December 2017 a couple days before expired that latter my lawyer put me an appointment in uscis for them to stamp my passport for another whole year til December 2018 ,in march 2017 i went for biometrics and is march 2018 and I don?t hear anything since then my lawyer says they are behind and no to worry but honestly this is nerve wrecking It will be 4 years in December since I?m resident (2014) can I start studying for my citizenship? Or I must successfully become a permanent resident?

Comment

Originally posted by Maythe44 View Post
                          My two years conditional residency expired December 2016 ,I put my I-751 and in the mail i receive the I-797 notice of action meaning my one year extension due December 2017 a couple days before expired that latter my lawyer put me an appointment in uscis for them to stamp my passport for another whole year til December 2018 ,in march 2017 i went for biometrics and is march 2018 and I don?t hear anything since then my lawyer says they are behind and no to worry but honestly this is nerve wrecking It will be 4 years in December since I?m resident (2014) can I start studying for my citizenship? Or I must successfully become a permanent resident?
                          Assuming you are still married to and living with your US citizen spouse, you could have applied for naturalization when you reached 3 years minus 90 days after you became a permanent resident, even if your Removal of Conditions is still pending. For you, this means you could have applied starting some time in September 2017. You can apply now if you want.
                          Last edited by newacct; 03-18-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maythe44 View Post
                            this is completely normal. they just started processing applications from october of 2016. They were working on applications for 09/2016 for months. The last I heard is that they are running 2.5 to 3 years behind and it's expected to get even worse as time goes on. If you filed in December 2016 you can expect them to start processing your 751 towards the end of 2018 or hopefully early 2019, and that's it things stay at the current pace. If it gets worse, like it's expected to, i wouldn't be surprised if you are looking at 3-4 years after submission before it will be processed. Then your 751 would be processed in Around December of 2019 or early 2020
                            Last edited by alienrayray; 03-20-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I751 is under process and greencard pending but need to change address

Hi ,i applied for roc last year May, but now my case is still pending but I need to change my address within the same state though ,will it affect my case judgement , please share valuable insights

Comment

I751/n400

Hi everyone, my form I751 ROC was filed at seattle, and which will take forever I guess,so I decide to file N400 while I am waiting for the ROC, but I found that portland which is only 4 hours away from seattle processing time for N400 is much faster, so could I file N400 to the portland local office instead of seattle office?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X