I-751 Processing Time???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Processing Time???

We filed 751 to remove conditions back in January. We did biometric appointment in March I believe and have heard nothing else since then. It's been 8 months.

The official USCIS website chart of processing times says they are currently working on 751's from JUNE 2016. IS THIS ACCURATE??? That is an extremely long time.

Originally posted by alienrayray View Post
    We filed 751 to remove conditions back in January. We did biometric appointment in March I believe and have heard nothing else since then. It's been 8 months.

The official USCIS website chart of processing times says they are currently working on 751's from JUNE 2016. IS THIS ACCURATE??? That is an extremely long time.
    I-751s do take a long time, sometimes more than a year. How long it takes doesn't really matter as you remain a permanent resident with all the rights during this time. You can use the expired green card + extension letter for all purposes that a green card is used for. If the extension letter is close to expiring, you can get an I-551 stamp for all the purposes a green card is used for. When you have been a permanent resident for 3 years minus 90 days, you can apply for naturalization (assuming you've been married to a US citizen for the last 3 years), even if the ROC is still pending, and in fact applying for naturalization will help speed up the ROC.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

did you got any response from the USCIS ?
      I am in similar situation and waiting for my updated GC.
      Also can you share the process to get the I-551

Comment

Originally posted by mjain0929 View Post
        I think others have said that they just made infopass appointments at their local office.
        Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
        Married: 8/18/17
        Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
        I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
        Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
        EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
        EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
        Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
        Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
        Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

Originally posted by mjain0929 View Post
          they have not been very helpful. I called and it seems any substantial question you ask them the only answer they can give is "hire an attorney."

i haven't attempted to get the i-551 yet as the nearest location is not very close and i'd have to take a day off work to take my wife there. not sure if we will do it or just wait it out. we've had some horrible experiences with law enforcement and trying to use the 797 paper, but perhaps we won't have any more interactions until the 751 is done processing. still considering what to do. let me know if you get the i-551

- - - Updated - - -

looks like i couldn't get an appointment if i wanted to. was just checking the location and appointment times aggain and:

Please note: USCIS offices in the United States only show available appointments for the next 14 days. Check back tomorrow for new appointment times.
          Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow.

LOL

Comment

Hi please I really need your help since I am preparing to apply for removal of condition on my GC. I am not sure what could be my USCIS Online Account Number. I didn’t apply for my GC through Online, I printed out the forms and mailed it the designated lockbox, also in part 7 of the I-751 form, who is the petitioner? Is me the conditional resident or my US citizen spouse? I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks 🙏

Comment

Originally posted by jayleno View Post
              Hi please I really need your help since I am preparing to apply for removal of condition on my GC. I am not sure what could be my USCIS Online Account Number. I didn’t apply for my GC through Online, I printed out the forms and mailed it the designated lockbox, also in part 7 of the I-751 form, who is the petitioner? Is me the conditional resident or my US citizen spouse? I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks 🙏
              its not needed, alien number and ssn should be enough.
              JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
                its not needed, alien number and ssn should be enough.
                Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate. Also who is considered the petitioner is it the green card holder or the US citizen spouse?

Comment

Originally posted by jayleno View Post
                  Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate. Also who is considered the petitioner is it the green card holder or the US citizen spouse?
                  In the language used on the form, "you" and "petitioner" refers to the conditional permanent resident who is removing conditions.

Comment

Hi,

Any updates on your 751 yet?

I just filed mine and I have a lawyer.
                    The lawyer was telling me that the processing could easily take one year minimum.

Comment

I filed mine in April/May 2017 and biometrics appointment was in late June 2017. I havent heard anything since then.

I'm traveling to Europe in July and my 1 year extension expires in August.

Do I need to apply for I-551? Or another extension due to processing of I-751? When can I do that?

Getting worried because I also read that when applying for Schengen visa from US, you need have at least 6 months remaining on your US Green Card/visa.. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by vik411 View Post
                        I filed mine in April/May 2017 and biometrics appointment was in late June 2017. I havent heard anything since then.

I'm traveling to Europe in July and my 1 year extension expires in August.

Do I need to apply for I-551? Or another extension due to processing of I-751? When can I do that?

Getting worried because I also read that when applying for Schengen visa from US, you need have at least 6 months remaining on your US Green Card/visa.. Please help.
                        Get an I-551 stamp before you leave.

Comment

Thank you. I'm guessing appointments are through this:

I'll keep checking when a slot opens.

Is it too early to apply for I-551? Assuming it extends it by a year at least.

Comment

Originally posted by szunk19 View Post
                            Hi,

Any updates on your 751 yet?

I just filed mine and I have a lawyer.
                            The lawyer was telling me that the processing could easily take one year minimum.
                            no updates. looks like they are still processing from september of 2016. so it looks like there is nearly a 2 year delay.

in august they were processing for june 2016. 6 months have passed since then, and they are now only on september of 2016 (3 months accomplished). So it looks like they are getting slower and slower.

i filed in jan 2017 and at this rate it will be 2019 before they process ours. if you just filed yours, and nothing significantly changes i wouldn't expect yours to be processed until the earliest 2021

Comment

751 processing

no updates. looks like they are still processing from september of 2016. so it looks like there is nearly a 2 year delay.

in august they were processing for june 2016. 6 months have passed since then, and they are now only on september of 2016 (3 months accomplished). So it looks like they are getting slower and slower.

i filed in jan 2017 and at this rate it will be 2019 before they process ours. if you just filed yours, and nothing significantly changes i wouldn't expect yours to be processed until the earliest 2021
                              Just got my 551 stamp on password in the Detroit office, filed my 751 dec 23,2016. And my year extension letter was about to expire. I asked the immigration office as he stamped my passport as to how long its taking and he said as of last week, its taking a year and six months and I should have a response by June or July of this year (2018)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X