Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh OCI..

Hey IH peeps,
    Quick question. Do you have to have your old Indian passport cancelled before starting the 'New OCI Card +Renunciation' process on CKGS website? Trying to understand, since they ask for a 'cancelled' stamp on the passport.

If this is not the case, then all a newly naturalized citizen needs to do for their 'New OCI Card +Renunciation' process is pay CKGS fees, register on the consulate website and complete process on CKGS site. Then, print these docs and mail them to the processing center with the Indian passport, copy of naturalization and US passport(notarized)

Is this correct?

TIA

Originally posted by krisk17 View Post
    Hey IH peeps,
    Quick question. Do you have to have your old Indian passport cancelled before starting the 'New OCI Card +Renunciation' process on CKGS website? Trying to understand, since they ask for a 'cancelled' stamp on the passport.

If this is not the case, then all a newly naturalized citizen needs to do for their 'New OCI Card +Renunciation' process is pay CKGS fees, register on the consulate website and complete process on CKGS site. Then, print these docs and mail them to the processing center with the Indian passport, copy of naturalization and US passport(notarized)

Is this correct?

TIA
    I am facing the same issue. It wont let me submit. I am sure I am missing a step. Reading in older 2014 posts that we can do both together, but the website doesn't allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by kdinsharneja View Post
      I am facing the same issue. It wont let me submit. I am sure I am missing a step. Reading in older 2014 posts that we can do both together, but the website doesn't allow it.
      Dear Applicant,*

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post and case ID: 02716835 in your email.

Regards,
      CKGS USA Team.

Comment

Try on chrome

Originally posted by kdinsharneja View Post
        Try on chrome, it worked for me later.

Comment

visahelpdesk.net

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
          Dear Applicant,*

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post and case ID: 02716835 in your email.

Regards,
          CKGS USA Team.
          Hi CKGS
          earlier the ppl at this site helped to compile all the paper work for OCI which is otherwise very stressful...today they are not there..have they chnged their site..pls help Sire

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X