No announcement yet.

GC for Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look here for the field office with jurisdiction over your state and county.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Look here for the field office with jurisdiction over your state and county.
      Thank you. That is very helpful.
      Do you happen to have a compiled check list of supported documents / attachments needed for i130, i485, i131,i765,i864,i693 ? I am going over the instructions and trying to list out everything. Or if you can Once I get all the list, can I list it here so you can validate?

Thanks

Comment

- Question about the i130 fee. Can I give my personal bank check for the 535$? or should it be a cashier's check or something like that?

- If you are filing Form I-130 with Form I-485, and you live in the United States: USCIS Chicago Lockbox
        For U.S. Postal Service: Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries: USCIS FBAS 131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Both addresses are different. Is there an advantage to One Vs the other. Which is a better option? We need to track the receipt of the application received? if so, how?

- The Instruction list does not have a 'self addressed envelope' included but in one of the attorney sites, I saw there was a 'self addressed envelope' included. Is this needed?

- Can all forms be included in the same envelope? Should I include a covering letter and a list of what and all is included in the package - including the attachments.

Thanks
        GW

Comment

NewAcct - Can you pls help with the below questions ( last two posts + this one). Sorry for multiple posts

- We had a small trip to Canada Quebec for a weekend. i94 therefore got updated with a new date for the date of entry to US.
          In the Address history - for US address, should I put the recent date of entry ( last weekend) or when she came to the US ( two months back)?
          just want to make sure it is right. Please let me know

Comment

i485 Fee

for 485 -> Fee says 1140. Also the instruction says:

$ A biometric services fee of $85 is also required for applicants between 14 and 79 years of age.

Question: Should this be included with the 1140$ and a check for 1225$ be submitted in 1 check? or two separate payments? or Biometric service fee can be given later?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GoodWish View Post
              - Question about the i130 fee. Can I give my personal bank check for the 535$? or should it be a cashier's check or something like that?
              personal check is fine

- If you are filing Form I-130 with Form I-485, and you live in the United States: USCIS Chicago Lockbox
              For U.S. Postal Service: Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries: USCIS FBAS 131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Both addresses are different. Is there an advantage to One Vs the other. Which is a better option? We need to track the receipt of the application received? if so, how?
              It depends on how you mail it. If you use like FedEx or UPS or USPS Express mail then you use the second one. If you send it with any other USPS then use the first address. You can track a USPS mail if you do certified mail, and that would still be the first address.

- The Instruction list does not have a 'self addressed envelope' included but in one of the attorney sites, I saw there was a 'self addressed envelope' included. Is this needed?
              no

- Can all forms be included in the same envelope? Should I include a covering letter and a list of what and all is included in the package - including the attachments.
              A cover letter is a good idea but it's not required.

- We had a small trip to Canada Quebec for a weekend. i94 therefore got updated with a new date for the date of entry to US.
              In the Address history - for US address, should I put the recent date of entry ( last weekend) or when she came to the US ( two months back)?
              just want to make sure it is right. Please let me know
              The addresses are for where they lived. A vacation doesn't change where they lived, so no. But the answers about their most recent entry should reflect this entry.

for 485 -> Fee says 1140. Also the instruction says:

$ A biometric services fee of $85 is also required for applicants between 14 and 79 years of age.

Question: Should this be included with the 1140$ and a check for 1225$ be submitted in 1 check? or two separate payments? or Biometric service fee can be given later?
              One check for $1225.

Comment

Thank you

- Since I will be filing all forms together, should I include i130 fee along with the i485 fee & put in 1 check? Or separate? 1225$ + 535$
                - i131 AP dates - putting as unknown for both Travel date & # of days is OK ? Since she has a ticket back on Dec 1st week, should I put that date instead?
                - Looks like it may take a week - 10 days to get the i693. Just went for the initial dr appt.
                waiting for the results.
                - Below check list has repetitive copy's . Should I provide multiple copies or just 1 ? Or attach them all using clips to each form?
                - Any idea how long it takes for Mom to get GC? worried if AP is an issue with her travel in Dec as she has to go for a month at least.

Check list :
                i130
                Fee check
                NC
                Passport copy
                Birth certificate
                Marriage certificate ( showing Parents name)

i485
                i94 record copy
                2 passport photo ( print name on back )
                passport photo page, PAN/Aadhar card ( india proof of identification )
                school certificate with dob
                passport page with recent stamping
                visa
                i693

i131
                passport photo page
                pan/adhaar ( india proof of identification )
                i94 record
                2 color photo

i765
                no fee since it is filed with 485
                passport photo page
                visa copy
                2 passport photo

i864
                NC
                employment letter
                6 pay stubs
                tax return (fed only ) last years
                w2 last years
                1099 (?)
                Birth certificate
                Passport copy

Really appreciate your time and help.
                Regards
                GW

Comment

- Since I will be filing all forms together, should I include i130 fee along with the i485 fee & put in 1 check? Or separate? 1225$ + 535$
                  2 checks

- i131 AP dates - putting as unknown for both Travel date & # of days is OK ? Since she has a ticket back on Dec 1st week, should I put that date instead?
                  She can put a date if she has a date. Note that it takes way longer than 3 months to get EAD and AP recently (some people have been waiting 4-5 mohths), so she likely won't be able to get it by Dec 1.

- Below check list has repetitive copy's . Should I provide multiple copies or just 1 ? Or attach them all using clips to each form?
                  If multiple forms request the same thing, then provide multiple copies; each form's materials should be clipped together with that form inside the package.

- Any idea how long it takes for Mom to get GC? worried if AP is an issue with her travel in Dec as she has to go for a month at least.
                  It's hard to say how long AOS takes. AP is fine for travel.

Comment

She can put a date if she has a date. Note that it takes way longer than 3 months to get EAD and AP recently (some people have been waiting 4-5 mohths), so she likely won't be able to get it by Dec 1.
                    Good morning. what if she does not get before the current i94 date of Dec 15th? If AP does not come or her AOS/GC isnt approved by then, what should be done? She cant leave the country without AP right?

Thanks

Comment

Good morning. what if she does not get before the current i94 date of Dec 15th? If AP does not come or her AOS/GC isnt approved by then, what should be done? She cant leave the country without AP right?

Thanks
                      The I-94 date is not relevant. It she leaves the US while AOS is pending without AP, her AOS will automatically be abandoned.

Comment

The I-94 date is not relevant. It she leaves the US while AOS is pending without AP, her AOS will automatically be abandoned.
                        so if she does not get the AP before Dec 15 which , can she stay beyond that? Would that be violating and overstaying? Should I apply for extension of stay?
                        Any idea if she can get AP before then?

Comment

so if she does not get the AP before Dec 15 which , can she stay beyond that? Would that be violating and overstaying? Should I apply for extension of stay?
                          Any idea if she can get AP before then?
                          No. Someone with I-485 pending can stay in the US regardless of whether they have status or not. Do NOT apply for extension of status; that will cause more problems.

Comment

No. Someone with I-485 pending can stay in the US regardless of whether they have status or not. Do NOT apply for extension of status; that will cause more problems.
                            Thanks newacct.
                            Last edited by GoodWish; 08-31-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Question about passport copy

Hi

- When passport copy is specified for proof ( photo page or stamping page ), do we have to send the entire passport copy or just those pages are enough ?

If only pages that have some entry need to be sent, then pages that have UAE entry ( Emirates goes via Saudi )- should that be included as well ? Or only pages showing US entry stamp is good enough ?

i765 -> #13 - Place of last entry into US. i94 now reflects the weekend quebec trip and shows entry as Vermont. Should that be updated or can we leave it as Boston when she came in Jun. Should all "last entry to US" be updated to reflect the i94 update? Newacct - can you please confirm?

Please let me know
                              Thanks
                              gw
                              Last edited by GoodWish; 09-02-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

485 - date of residence question

Hi Newacct

Can you please help with this question as well?
                                In 485 - date of residence
                                My mom was here Feb - May 30. She left to India for two weeks and arrived Jun mid . Then we had a weekend trip to Canada

For address From Date:toDate -> US address from Jun 15 - PRESENT
                                INDIA address from 1995 - Jun 14 2017 ( Is this OK ? But she was here Feb - May 30 2017 ).
                                Just want to make sure no issues would come . Can you please help?

Thanks
                                GW

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X