Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC for Mom

Hi
    I would like to apply for my Mothers GC and she is visiting here now. i94 till Dec 10 2017.
    I need
    i130
    i485
    i864

Q1) Do I HAVE to file the below as well for her?

G-325A ,
    I-693
    i-765 ( She is 73 yrs and no plans to take work - she has worked more than enough raising the kids
    i-131

Or can this be done later? How soon can she get her GC?
    Q2) Also since I am filing concurrently, the A# will not be there to fill in i485 .

Q3) For all questions which do not have a response, are we supposed to file in N/A ? I saw a sample online that had N/A for questions that weren't relevant to my application or empty.

Q4) If I file for my sister after I file hers in a week or two, do I still have to mention my sister's application in i130. I will be filing sometime soon if I can for my siblings.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Thanks
    GW

Originally posted by GoodWish View Post
    Hi
    I would like to apply for my Mothers GC and she is visiting here now. i94 till Dec 10 2017.
    I need
    i130
    i485
    i864

Q1) Do I HAVE to file the below as well for her?

G-325A ,
    I-693
    i-765 ( She is 73 yrs and no plans to take work - she has worked more than enough raising the kids
    i-131

Or can this be done later? How soon can she get her GC?
    The main forms are I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are optional, but recommended as they are free and they might be useful just in case. EAD can be used for things like getting a Social Security Number and getting a driver's license. If you are using the latest edition of I-485, G-325A is not needed. Each form has many required documents that should be filed with the form, e.g. I-485 requires I-864 Affidavit of Support and I-693 for the medical. It should take a few months.

Q2) Also since I am filing concurrently, the A# will not be there to fill in i485 .
    Just put "none".

Q3) For all questions which do not have a response, are we supposed to file in N/A ? I saw a sample online that had N/A for questions that weren't relevant to my application or empty.
    Use common sense. If the question might be applicable and it's possible they might think you forgot to answer the question, put N/A. If it's obvious from previous answers that you don't need to answer the question, then it may not be necessary.

Q4) If I file for my sister after I file hers in a week or two, do I still have to mention my sister's application in i130. I will be filing sometime soon if I can for my siblings.
    You can say they are filed at the same time and mention all the people you are petitioning on each petition where it asks for other people you are petitioning.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Current Spouse's Name in i485 in case of deceased spouse

in 485 Part 5 Marital history

1. For widower, Should it be N/A for Current Marriage & Should the deceased spouse be listed as a prior marriage ?
      ( feels so odd/sad to specify as prior marriage given that this is for my Mom)

Thanks
      GW

Comment

in 485 Part 5 Marital history

1. For widower, Should it be N/A for Current Marriage & Should the deceased spouse be listed as a prior marriage ?
        ( feels so odd/sad to specify as prior marriage given that this is for my Mom)

Thanks
        GW
        Should be N/A for current marriage and it should be listed as a prior marriage.

Comment

i765 Form?

[QUOTE=newacct;516142]The main forms are I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are optional, but recommended as they are free and they might be useful just in case. EAD can be used for things like getting a Social Security Number and getting a driver's license. If you are using the latest edition of I-485, G-325A is not needed. Each form has many required documents that should be filed with the form, e.g. I-485 requires I-864 Affidavit of Support and I-693 for the medical. It should take a few months.

Hi NewAcct
          I see that you said I-765 and I-131 are free . But in the i-765 instructions, it states "The filing fee for Form I-765 is $410" .

Sorry, I am confused. Am I looking at the wrong form? Please clarify as soon as possible. Does the age here matter? It is for my Mom above 70 years. I am not looking forward for her to work. But if it is good to have, I want to add it & do it the right way. Please let me know

Thanks
          GW

Comment

[QUOTE=GoodWish;517906]
            Originally posted by newacct View Post
            The main forms are I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are optional, but recommended as they are free and they might be useful just in case. EAD can be used for things like getting a Social Security Number and getting a driver's license. If you are using the latest edition of I-485, G-325A is not needed. Each form has many required documents that should be filed with the form, e.g. I-485 requires I-864 Affidavit of Support and I-693 for the medical. It should take a few months.

Hi NewAcct
            I see that you said I-765 and I-131 are free . But in the i-765 instructions, it states "The filing fee for Form I-765 is $410" .

Sorry, I am confused. Am I looking at the wrong form? Please clarify as soon as possible. Does the age here matter? It is for my Mom above 70 years. I am not looking forward for her to work. But if it is good to have, I want to add it & do it the right way. Please let me know

Thanks
            GW
            See https://www.uscis.gov/i-485, under Special Instructions,
            If you are filing Form I-485 (or already filed a Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document for advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.
            In the I-765 instructions it also says
            NOTE: If you filed Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, and you paid the Form I-485 filing fee, no fee is required to also file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the Form I-765 with your Form I-485, or you may submit the Form I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of Form I-485 as of July 30, 2007.
            EAD is not just for work; with an EAD you can get an SSN, you can get a driver's license or state ID, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=newacct;517912]

See https://www.uscis.gov/i-485, under Special Instructions,

In the I-765 instructions it also says

EAD is not just for work; with an EAD you can get an SSN, you can get a driver's license or state ID, etc.
              - Thanks much not only for replying but also for helping me understand.

I am trying to locate the eligibility category Question 16: & not sure what to fill in for Mom. Can you please guide me here?

Comment

[QUOTE=GoodWish;517916]

- Thanks much not only for replying but also for helping me understand.

I am trying to locate the eligibility category Question 16: & not sure what to fill in for Mom. Can you please guide me here?
                (c)(9)

Comment

[QUOTE=newacct;517922]

(c)(9)
                  thank you !

Comment

i-131 Application Type Part 2

Hi NewAcct

For Part 2 - Application Type in form i131 - to file along with i485 for my mom , should i specify 1.d. I am applying for a advance parole to allow me to return to US after temporary foreign travel

or 1.a -I am a permanent or conditional resident of US applying for reentry permit ?

She is on Visitor visa now.

Part 3 : Where do you want the travel document sent. This is confusing . Part 1 2a - 2i is N/A . We want the travel document to be sent to home address , so 6, 7 will not be an option.
                    Should I fill in the address in 10 a - 10 j. Is that right?

Also her current i94 is till Dec 17. But she has a return ticket on Dec 9 . There is no specific return trip length. if she gets her GC before then, she can head back after winter. what is best to fill in for Part 3? Expected length of trip ( in days)

Part 7 -> Should she be filling this?
                    7.1 -> How many trips you intend to use this document . One orMore than One trip?

pardon my ignorance & thanks for all your time & help
                    Last edited by GoodWish; 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Hi NewAcct

For Part 2 - Application Type in form i131 - to file along with i485 for my mom , should i specify 1.d. I am applying for a advance parole to allow me to return to US after temporary foreign travel

or 1.a -I am a permanent or conditional resident of US applying for reentry permit ?

She is on Visitor visa now.
                      1.d. I am applying for a advance parole to allow me to return to US after temporary foreign travel

Part 3 : Where do you want the travel document sent. This is confusing . Part 1 2a - 2i is N/A . We want the travel document to be sent to home address , so 6, 7 will not be an option.
                      Should I fill in the address in 10 a - 10 j. Is that right?
                      You shouldn't get to that part. The forms says after Part 3 #3 or 4 for non-DACA AP applicants to skip to Part 7.

Also her current i94 is till Dec 17. But she has a return ticket on Dec 9 . There is no specific return trip length. if she gets her GC before then, she can head back after winter. what is best to fill in for Part 3? Expected length of trip ( in days)
                      Put "Unknown" for both date and length of trip.

Part 7 -> Should she be filling this?
                      7.1 -> How many trips you intend to use this document . One orMore than One trip?
                      more than one trip

Another thing to note is that you do not need to provide any statement or explanation like it says in Part 7, because if you look in the instructions, it says to provide a statement OR an I-485 receipt (and since you are filing together with I-485 you don't even need the receipt).

Comment

1.d. I am applying for a advance parole to allow me to return to US after temporary foreign travel

You shouldn't get to that part. The forms says after Part 3 #3 or 4 for non-DACA AP applicants to skip to Part 7.

Put "Unknown" for both date and length of trip.

more than one trip

Another thing to note is that you do not need to provide any statement or explanation like it says in Part 7, because if you look in the instructions, it says to provide a statement OR an I-485 receipt (and since you are filing together with I-485 you don't even need the receipt).

Thank you ... Appreciate your help
                        Part 3: 1. Date of Intended departure is mm/dd/yyyy -> Can I write as unknown here?
                        2. expected length of trip (days) -> Can I write as unknown here as well?

Part 4: Nothing to fill here right?

Part 7: Nothing here too except 1. How many trips you intend to use this document?

In this case, I am not specifying our address anywhere. Where will they send the parole document then? Or should I fill in Part 7 4a-4j?
                        Is that right?

Sorry to trouble. Thanks for helping
                        Last edited by GoodWish; 08-23-2017, 08:44 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Thank you ... Appreciate your help
                          Part 3: 1. Date of Intended departure is mm/dd/yyyy -> Can I write as unknown here?
                          2. expected length of trip (days) -> Can I write as unknown here as well?
                          yes

Part 4: Nothing to fill here right?
                          this should be skipped over

Part 7: Nothing here too except 1. How many trips you intend to use this document?
                          correct

In this case, I am not specifying our address anywhere. Where will they send the parole document then?
                          To the address in Part 1 #2

Comment

To the address in Part 1 #2[/QUOTE

Thanks for your kindness
                            Last edited by GoodWish; 08-23-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

i130 61a. Question about USCIS center for AOS

Hi

in Form i130 -> What do I fill for
                              The beneficiary is in US and will apply for AOS to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS

61a. City or Town
                              b. State

My mom is in the US & Boston is the nearby main city. I am not sure if it should be Chicago or Boston as USCIS main center is in Chicago.

Please suggest.
                              Thanks
                              GW

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X