• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! Awesome!
    You guys are the best!

Comment

When I can suppose to mail it?

Hi guy's I need your help, my conditional greencard will expire on March 24, 2018. I just want to figure out if is okay If I can mail my petition this coming Saturday Dec. 23, 2017? Probably they received it on Dec. 26, 2017. I dont if still early or its already under 90days? And do you think its okay that my letter and we will sign the Petition dated Dec. 20, 2017?

Thanks for the help.

bjgj
      Last edited by bjgj; 12-19-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bjgj View Post
        Hi guy's I need your help, my conditional greencard will expire on March 24, 2018. I just want to figure out if is okay If I can mail my petition this coming friday Dec. 22, 2017? I dont if still early or its already under 90days?

Thanks for the help.

bjgj
        90 days before March 24, 2018 is December 24, 2017. Just to be safe, wait until after that date to mail it. You don't want it to be rejected if it arrives too early.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          90 days before March 24, 2018 is December 24, 2017. Just to be safe, wait until after that date to mail it. You don't want it to be rejected if it arrives too early.
          Thank you so much, so its means its okay even we signed the documents early than Dec. 24, 2017? But I will mail it on Dec. 26, 2017?

thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by bjgj View Post
            Thank you so much, so its means its okay even we signed the documents early than Dec. 24, 2017? But I will mail it on Dec. 26, 2017?

thanks again for the help.
            It's when they receive it that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
              It's when they receive it that matters.
              thank you so much again for the help.

Comment

Just to update everyone, USCIS made a mistake and sent new green card to wrong address. Obviously post office couldn't deliver so they sent new card back to USCIS.

Now my wife wants to go back to India and she cannot do that since her extended stay letter is about to expire and she has no green card.

I called USCIS and they said to make an infopass appointment. I checked online and they have no appointments for next 14 days at local field office.

What should we do because my wife needs to travel right away due to family medical emergency?

Comment

Talk to a lawyer, but my thinking would be to wait until the InfoPass and then get the 551 stamp. Maybe she could leave and then you could send the GC to her while she's abroad, but that is very risky because she shouldn't return without it and it could take more than 6 months and then she would have abandoned her GC.\

Or just show up as soon as USCIS opens one day and wait for an open InfoPass, I would think that someone usually misses an appointment per day and they could fit you in.

Good luck!

Originally posted by farazs1 View Post
                  Just to update everyone, USCIS made a mistake and sent new green card to wrong address. Obviously post office couldn't deliver so they sent new card back to USCIS.

Now my wife wants to go back to India and she cannot do that since her extended stay letter is about to expire and she has no green card.

I called USCIS and they said to make an infopass appointment. I checked online and they have no appointments for next 14 days at local field office.

What should we do because my wife needs to travel right away due to family medical emergency?
                  2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
                  4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
                  4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
                  4/19: Request to expedite EAD
                  5/11: Received EAD
                  6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
                  8/09: Advance Parole approved
                  8/29: Scheduled for Interview
                  10/11: Interview
                  10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
                  10/16: Sent new G28
                  10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by farazs1 View Post

Taking temporary trips abroad won't affect her permanent resident status; the problem is just that they won't let her board the plane to return to the US. The best would be if she can get an InfoPass appointment or you are able to mail it to her abroad once you get it. In the worst case, if she doesn't have either of those and needs to return, she can file I-131A with a US consulate abroad for a transportation letter to return to the US (similar to people who lost their green cards abroad); unfortunately, it costs $575.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X