Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Condition Process

Hi,

I received a notice from USCIS a month ago, asking us to apply for removal of condition.
    Last week I submitted all paperwork with the fee.
    Today I received a notice saying that they have extended conditional resident status by one year.
    Am I supposed to wait for application support center appointment notice (mentioned in the recent notice)?
    What's rest of the process to remove condition on resident status?
    Thank you,

Yes, the Biometrics appt notice should show u anytime.
    Your interview notice, if one will be scheduled, will come in a few more months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by farazs1 View Post
    Hi,

I received a notice from USCIS a month ago, asking us to apply for removal of condition.
    Last week I submitted all paperwork with the fee.
    Today I received a notice saying that they have extended conditional resident status by one year.
    Am I supposed to wait for application support center appointment notice (mentioned in the recent notice)?
    What's rest of the process to remove condition on resident status?
    Thank you,

Comment

thanks for quick response.

so if evidence I have submitted is sufficient, they will remove condition without an interview?
      conditional green card expires end of September. any idea how long biometrics appointment notice will take?

Comment

thanks for quick response.

so if evidence I have submitted is sufficient, they will remove condition without an interview?
        conditional green card expires end of September. any idea how long biometrics appointment notice will take?
        Typically an interview is required for most couples. Some rare situations they will waive the interview. The biometrics is normally held 1-2 months after filing. An interview is different. It's held several months later. After a successful interview, your GC will appear in your mailbox.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Removal Condition Resident

Hi, I have a question regarding removal of condition resident. I need to file a Petition before end of this Year. I'm just starting checking how to do it. But I'm just worried if their is any negative feedbacks that we dont even have any joint documents with my husband. (like credit card, bank account, etc.)

Hoping someone share their knowledge and experience.

Thanks,

bjgj

Comment

If you don't have documents evidencing sharing of financial affairs, you still have time to generate such proof.

--Ray B

Originally posted by bjgj View Post
            Hi, I have a question regarding removal of condition resident. I need to file a Petition before end of this Year. I'm just starting checking how to do it. But I'm just worried if their is any negative feedbacks that we dont even have any joint documents with my husband. (like credit card, bank account, etc.)

Hoping someone share their knowledge and experience.

Thanks,

bjgj

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              If you don't have documents evidencing sharing of financial affairs, you still have time to generate such proof.

--Ray B
              Hi Ray B thanks for your reply. Do u think its okay that only now we open a joint bank account? How about a copy of bank application that each of us are our beneficiary?

Thank you again.

bjgj

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
                Typically an interview is required for most couples. Some rare situations they will waive the interview. The biometrics is normally held 1-2 months after filing. An interview is different. It's held several months later. After a successful interview, your GC will appear in your mailbox.
                I believe most joint ROCs with sufficient evidence are approved without an interview.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Removal Condition Resident

Originally posted by newacct View Post
                  I believe most joint ROCs with sufficient evidence are approved without an interview.

Hi Senior Member, I have a question regarding Affidavit, do you think its okay that my step-on and my sister-in-law are the one that testify/affidavit about our relationship and not a friend?

Thank in advance for your help.

bjgj

Comment

Either or both are fine.

--Ray B

Originally posted by bjgj View Post
                    Hi Senior Member, I have a question regarding Affidavit, do you think its okay that my step-on and my sister-in-law are the one that testify/affidavit about our relationship and not a friend?

Thank in advance for your help.

bjgj

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                      Either or both are fine.

--Ray B
                      thank you so much for your reply.

Have a great day!

bjgj

Comment

Just to update everyone, my wife's biometrics appointment is already done. I assume now we just sit tight for interview or waive of interview letter.

Can she travel on this expiring GC outside the country? If she plans to return after current GC expires, can she carry USCIS letter that states her conditional stay has been extended for one more year, along with expired GC to enter back into the country?

Comment

Any response to my query from last post?

Comment

Can she travel on this expiring GC outside the country? If she plans to return after current GC expires, can she carry USCIS letter that states her conditional stay has been extended for one more year, along with expired GC to enter back into the country?
                            yes, yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yes, she can travel with the receipt letter extending Conditional status and her expired Green Card.

--Ray B

Just to update everyone, my wife's biometrics appointment is already done. I assume now we just sit tight for interview or waive of interview letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X