Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Filers (Concurrent Filing of I-485,I-130, I-765, and I-131)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fbslims View Post
    Hi likecy89,

Congratulations for your EAD Card!!!! I have a few questions for you and any help will be much appreciated.

My PD is 24th August 2017 and am done with my Biometrics earlier this week. My case is an Adjustment of Status (AOS) based on marriage to my wife who is a US citizen.

I have a job offer for mid October and do you think i should put in an expedite request as well?? I was thinking of waiting for a couple of weeks as it's just been 31 days as of today.

This is obviously my 1st EAD card and is your case similar or is it DACA or is it a renewal.

Please help!

As long as you're done with biometrics appointment, you can put in expedite request if you have a job offer letter that you can submit to USCIS. The offer letter needs to be on a company letterhead and has to be specific about the start date for your employment as well as your position, salary, etc... There are two options for putting in the request. You can call 1-800 USCIS number and do it yourself and/or you can contact your local congressman to do it for you. I have done it by myself but I was planning on contacting my congressman if my request was denied or not responded in a timely manner.

When I put in the expedite request, the reason for my request was significant financial loss to an individual. As long as you can pick one of the reasons for expedite that they provide you, you can put the request in.

I'm not DACA. I did OPT one year and my H1B wasn't picked this year so I applied for AOS with marriage to USC spouse. My I-765 application was considered a new application.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by likecy89 View Post
      As long as you're done with biometrics appointment, you can put in expedite request if you have a job offer letter that you can submit to USCIS. The offer letter needs to be on a company letterhead and has to be specific about the start date for your employment as well as your position, salary, etc... There are two options for putting in the request. You can call 1-800 USCIS number and do it yourself and/or you can contact your local congressman to do it for you. I have done it by myself but I was planning on contacting my congressman if my request was denied or not responded in a timely manner.

When I put in the expedite request, the reason for my request was significant financial loss to an individual. As long as you can pick one of the reasons for expedite that they provide you, you can put the request in.

I'm not DACA. I did OPT one year and my H1B wasn't picked this year so I applied for AOS with marriage to USC spouse. My I-765 application was considered a new application.

Good luck!
      Can you confirm for me if the expedited EAD also comes with Advance Parole or does it say : not valid of reentry ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
        Can you confirm for me if the expedited EAD also comes with Advance Parole or does it say : not valid of reentry ? Thanks
        I want to know if I can expedite my I131, I am on working visa for now but I have an international trip in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
        Update: 09/14/2017: received biometrics appointment notice. appointment date: 09/25/2017
        09/25/2017 biometrics was done
        PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
        11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
        11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
        11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
        09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
        09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
        11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

I want to know if I can expedite my I131, I am on working visa for now but I have an international trip in December.

- - - Updated - - -

09/25/2017 biometrics was done
          Yes as far as I know if you book an appointment at your local USCIS you can expedite in emergency but I don't know if just a trip will cut it. Also expedite via phone is possible I think but you have to have a real emergency overseas like death or illness.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
            Yes as far as I know if you book an appointment at your local USCIS you can expedite in emergency but I don't know if just a trip will cut it. Also expedite via phone is possible I think but you have to have a real emergency overseas like death or illness.
            I think it's emergency! If miss this chance to use my PTO I need to wait another year to have 4 WEEKS PTO! and I haven't been back for more than 4 years. I do not know if they see this as emergency.

11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.

Comment

I think it's emergency! If miss this chance to use my PTO I need to wait another year to have 4 WEEKS PTO! and I haven't been back for more than 4 years. I do not know if they see this as emergency.
              I don't think that would count as emergency from what I have read.
              But always worth a try its free to try right

Comment

August concurrent Filing

Hi, I am new here and will like to share my update so far (wished i saw this site before we submitted our application)

Mailed applications to USCIS Chicago Lockbox: 8/5/17
                Applications received by USCIS: 8/8/17
                Application Rejected due to incorrect fee :8/16/17
                Received Rejected application package : 8/19/17
                Mailed Application back with correct fees: 8/20/17
                Packaged delivered at chicago mailbox :8/24/17
                Received text notifications: 8/31/17
                Fingerprint fee accepted: 8/31/17
                I-797C for the applications received in mail: 9/5/17
                Biometric appointment mail received: today 9/9/17 scheduled for 9/20/17- done

Comment

Originally posted by AugTexas View Post
                  Hi, I am new here and will like to share my update so far (wished i saw this site before we submitted our application)

Mailed applications to USCIS Chicago Lockbox: 8/5/17
                  Applications received by USCIS: 8/8/17
                  Application Rejected due to incorrect fee :8/16/17
                  Received Rejected application package : 8/19/17
                  Mailed Application back with correct fees: 8/20/17
                  Packaged delivered at chicago mailbox :8/24/17
                  Received text notifications: 8/31/17
                  Fingerprint fee accepted: 8/31/17
                  I-797C for the applications received in mail: 9/5/17
                  Biometric appointment mail received: today 9/9/17 scheduled for 9/20/17- done
                  Thanks for the update! Be prepared for a long wait now.

Here are my case dates.

PD: 08/08
                  NOA's: 08/15
                  Biometrics appointment: 09/06

Nothing since then. The lady who did my biometrics told me I'd receive my work/travel permit in 3-4 weeks. Is this valid? I was shocked she even knew anything about the work/travel permit. It's been 3 weeks since my biometrics and NO updates online (I know the online update system isn't THAT reliable). It's been stuck on "Fingerprint fee received" since 08/11.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post

Here are my case dates.

Nothing since then. The lady who did my biometrics told me I'd receive my work/travel permit in 3-4 weeks. Is this valid? I was shocked she even knew anything about the work/travel permit. It's been 3 weeks since my biometrics and NO updates online (I know the online update system isn't THAT reliable). It's been stuck on "Fingerprint fee received" since 08/11.
                    I would not get your hopes up. 113th day here and no EAD. PD 6/5, bio 6/28. Filing from Illinois.
                    Forms sent 6/2
                    Forms received 6/4
                    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                    PD 6/5 & 6/6
                    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                    SR 9/2
                    Contacted Congressman 10/1
                    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                    Interview letter 10/10
                    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                    Interview 11/8 RFE after
                    New Card Being Produced 11/16
                    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Here are my case dates.

Where did you have your Biometrics appointment? It'd be great if it really was 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
                        I would not get your hopes up. 113th day here and no EAD. PD 6/5, bio 6/28. Filing from Illinois.
                        That's what I figured. Like I said, I was surprised the lady supposedly knew anything about EAD/AP at all. Filing from LA, package was sent to Chicago lockbox.

Originally posted by sololivas View Post
                        Where did you have your Biometrics appointment? It'd be great if it really was 3 to 4 weeks.
                        It was in LA. It would be great, but I have a feeling the lady was incorrect in telling me that. I'm pretty sure I'll have to wait another month or so.

Comment

Here are my case dates.

Thanks.. hoping for the best.

Comment

Interview date received

Charlotte NC filer

PD: 08/11/2017
                            Biometrics notification : 08/18/2017
                            Biometrics done : 09/08/2017
                            Scheduled for interview: 09/19/2017
                            interview date: 10/06/2017

The process went faster than I expected. Anyone else with scheduled interview date?

Comment

Originally posted by Amir_CLT View Post
                              Charlotte NC filer

The process went faster than I expected. Anyone else with scheduled interview date?
                              Congratulations, my PD is 08/29/2017. No updates yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir_CLT View Post
                                Charlotte NC filer

am filing from statesville NC
                                How was d biometric centre,did u do a walk in or u went there on ur schedule date,any news about ur EAD..
                                Am asking bcos am schedule for biometric on the 10/13..will do a walk in on 10/04....i wish u all d best in ur interview n ill be waiting to hear how its goes..tnks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X