No announcement yet.

no decision can not yet be made about your application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attended Interview on 10/18 at Philly FO. Got 'decision cannot be made yet' (File will go to supervisor for review and decisioning).

how long I should wait before taking an infopass appointment to follow up?

Comment

4+ Months to the N400 interview, NO Oath Ceremony letter yet ....… Any suggestion ?

My husband and I submitted N400 on the same day, Finger print and interviews came for both of us on the same day. Interview was on June 23-2017. My husband was approved on the same day and got the Oath Ceremony letter like a month later and became a US Citizen.
      On my interviews I passed the test and got a check mark on “USCIS will send you a written decision about your application”
      Waited a 120 days and called USICS asking for status update who told us that they will update us in a month then sent us email saying “the case still under review and we can ask for info pass if we want.
      I made infopass and went to the 26 Federal Plaza NY office, Explained it to the officer who was looking here and there on the computer to understated and then told me that the officer who tested me actually approved my case the following day of the test and sent it for another office in Brooklyn (I don’t know way) “ I think he said “ for revision” then the officer in Brooklyn took a moth to send it back to Federal Plaza office asking for some info then then the Federal Plaza officer replied back on October 22nd
      Then he told me that I should wait couple of more months. I am really frustrated and don’t know what is going on or what to do. I read some reviews recommended speaking or writing to my state senator and some saying it is waste of time. Some saying to take it to federal court …………… Any suggestion?

Comment

Status updated on 11/16 to Oath Ceremony scheduled

Originally posted by ap_n400_2017 View Post
        attended Interview on 10/18 at Philly FO. Got 'decision cannot be made yet' (File will go to supervisor for review and decisioning).

how long I should wait before taking an infopass appointment to follow up?

Comment

Applied for passport on 11/06/17 received it in the mail on Friday.

Comment

Should I go for Infopass?

I had my Naturalization interview 1 week back . I passed Civic and English test but I was told ( and given a letter) that no decision has been made yet. During the interview officer asked me question from my Green Card application that I had filed 10 years back. I told the office that I do not remember all the details now but I was able to give 70-80% correct answers. At the end the IO said based on my responses there are multiple changes to my original application so he cannot give a decision now. I will receive a decision my main within 30 days. I have following question and I hope somebody with similar experience can guide me further
            1) Is it normal for IO to ask questions from Green Card application?
            2) I have read in many forums that after candidates went for Infopass appointments, USCIS started acting fast. My question is how many weeks after the interview should I go for infopass appointment?

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by blackberry10 View Post
              I had my Naturalization interview 1 week back . I passed Civic and English test but I was told ( and given a letter) that no decision has been made yet. During the interview officer asked me question from my Green Card application that I had filed 10 years back. I told the office that I do not remember all the details now but I was able to give 70-80% correct answers. At the end the IO said based on my responses there are multiple changes to my original application so he cannot give a decision now. I will receive a decision my main within 30 days. I have following question and I hope somebody with similar experience can guide me further
              1) Is it normal for IO to ask questions from Green Card application?
              2) I have read in many forums that after candidates went for Infopass appointments, USCIS started acting fast. My question is how many weeks after the interview should I go for infopass appointment?

Thank You
              Be patient for them to make a decision. Hopefully you'll get the notice for your oath.

The IO asked me questions based on my Green card during the naturalization interview. He might just have to counter check.

Was your filing based on 3 or 5 year residency? What questions exactly did he ask you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wales View Post
                Be patient for them to make a decision. Hopefully you'll get the notice for your oath.

The IO asked me questions based on my Green card during the naturalization interview. He might just have to counter check.

Was your filing based on 3 or 5 year residency? What questions exactly did he ask you?
                Thank you for responding to my post. I am filing based on 5 year residency. My Green Card was sponsored by my previous employer. IO asked detailed questions about my work experience , names of my boss, people reporting me etc.. at the time of filing my Green Card application application. My GC application had all this information but I did not remember all that details now. I had filed my GC application 10 years back. I think I correctly answered 80% of IO's question. I am not sure about rest 20%. Will not answering all the question correctly negatively impact naturalization decision?

Comment

Originally posted by djambar74 View Post
                  Yes. Any update yet. I'm still waiting for the approval.
                  How did your case go? Hopefully you got approved.

Comment

How did your case go? Hopefully you got approved.
                    Yes Wales. I finally became an US citizen on March 3rd,2018.
                    It took me 1 year and 7 months.
                    Thank you for asking.
                    I hope you are doing ok.

Comment

Thank you for asking.
                      I hope you are doing ok.
                      That is a long time but worth it . Congrats !
                      I am in a similar situation or may be worse so I do not know what to do .
                      On March 12th I had my interview , the IO told me that I passed the English and the civic tests but he handed me a form asking for the installment agreement ( payment plan ) about the taxes that I owed to IRS in 2016 ( filling under 3 year roles based on marriage ) at the end, he said if I bring him that document , he will approve the application .
                      So I had an appointment with it?s and they gave me the documents that the IO needed with a letter ( installment agreement ) so I went back to the local office where I had my interview and I handed the documents to the same IO . He said : you will hear from us .
                      He was nice but I am worried now because since April 3 I did not hear any thing from uscis .
                      We stated paying since March and we owe $ 5000 total. We are still paying every month .
                      Any one had the same experience please ???
                      So you think I will be denied by the superviser who will review my file ?
                      I have no other issue than those 2016 taxes witch I started paying any way .
                      I did explain why my hubby and I failed to pay the first time and that because my husband lost his job and he got a new one a few months later .
                      The IO was very nice and understanding . He had me sign al the documents at the end of the interview like change of name. Photos .....
                      Please need your advice .
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zacartina View Post
                        That is a long time but worth it . Congrats !
                        I am in a similar situation or may be worse so I do not know what to do .
                        On March 12th I had my interview , the IO told me that I passed the English and the civic tests but he handed me a form asking for the installment agreement ( payment plan ) about the taxes that I owed to IRS in 2016 ( filling under 3 year roles based on marriage ) at the end, he said if I bring him that document , he will approve the application .
                        So I had an appointment with it?s and they gave me the documents that the IO needed with a letter ( installment agreement ) so I went back to the local office where I had my interview and I handed the documents to the same IO . He said : you will hear from us .
                        He was nice but I am worried now because since April 3 I did not hear any thing from uscis .
                        We stated paying since March and we owe $ 5000 total. We are still paying every month .
                        Any one had the same experience please ???
                        So you think I will be denied by the superviser who will review my file ?
                        I have no other issue than those 2016 taxes witch I started paying any way .
                        I did explain why my hubby and I failed to pay the first time and that because my husband lost his job and he got a new one a few months later .
                        The IO was very nice and understanding . He had me sign al the documents at the end of the interview like change of name. Photos .....
                        Please need your advice .
                        Thanks
                        Thank you.
                        I did not have any problems in my application. They just took them time with me.
                        I was clean, even no traffic tickets.
                        I don't know where your field office is? Mine was in Philadelphia,PA.
                        Every case is different as we have a different name.
                        I believe you will get it. It's what is going on in USA right now.
                        It will not be easy to become an US citizen anymore especially with this Trump administration.
                        I know , people who didn't get approved yet after 2 years.
                        Good luck.
                        Last edited by djambar74; 04-22-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you.
                          I did not have any problems in my application. They just took them time with me.
                          I was clean, even no traffic tickets.
                          I don't know where your field office is? Mine was in Philadelphia,PA.
                          Every case is different as we have a different name.
                          I believe you will get it. It's what is going on in USA right now.
                          It will not be easy to become an US citizen anymore especially with this Trump administration.
                          I know , people who didn't get approved yet after 2 years.
                          Good luck.
                          Thanks for your response
                          My field office is in Philadelphia as well . I wish they will approve it .
                          The IO who interviewed me was nice , but you never know his superviser .
                          I see a lot of people get approved with taxes payment plan , it depends on the person who makes the decision at the immigration office . Like you said, things changed a lot since this new government .

Comment

Originally posted by Zacartina View Post
                            Thanks for your response
                            My field office is in Philadelphia as well . I wish they will approve it .
                            The IO who interviewed me was nice , but you never know his superviser .
                            I see a lot of people get approved with taxes payment plan , it depends on the person who makes the decision at the immigration office . Like you said, things changed a lot since this new government .
                            Be patient. That's the key.
                            Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for asking.
                              I hope you are doing ok.
                              Good to hear that good news. I'm doing well. Thanks.

@Zacartina, hope you will get yours too. I first applied in 2010 and the IO told me to withdraw. Then applied 7 years later and finally got it. Patience plays a huge part in this whole process and I totally understand with this new administration and its unpredicatability.

Even when I applied again in 2017 no decision could be made and just had to wait.

Comment

Good to hear that good news. I'm doing well. Thanks.

@Zacartina, hope you will get yours too. I first applied in 2010 and the IO told me to withdraw. Then applied 7 years later and finally got it. Patience plays a huge part in this whole process and I totally understand with this new administration and its unpredicatability.

Even when I applied again in 2017 no decision could be made and just had to wait.
                                @Wales, thank you for your response and supportive words . I hope that I will not have to do it again, just too much stress .
                                But if they do not approve it this time , the only option for me is to apply again after we pay all the taxes .
                                Most of people got approved with payment plan so I wonder why not me ? Lol
                                Let?s hope , i?ll update any thing new .
                                Thanks again and ckngradys again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X