Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Need Info - H1B Extension receipt info

Hi All,

My employer delayed my H1b extension petition(for no reason) and he filed on August 9th 2017 and My H1b visa and i-94 expires on Sept 1st. I still haven't received any receipt notice from USCIS to my employer/attorney( i am following up with them regularly). I would like to know what are my options if i don't receive receipt notice by Sept 1st.

I read somewhere about the 240 day period, after you file for extension and before i-94 expiry. I am not sure if its right info or not. And even if its true, is it only after i receive receipt or after i have filed for extension.

Please advice me on what to do.

Originally posted by hakkindumma View Post
    Hi All,

My employer delayed my H1b extension petition(for no reason) and he filed on August 9th 2017 and My H1b visa and i-94 expires on Sept 1st. I still haven't received any receipt notice from USCIS to my employer/attorney( i am following up with them regularly). I would like to know what are my options if i don't receive receipt notice by Sept 1st.

I read somewhere about the 240 day period, after you file for extension and before i-94 expiry. I am not sure if its right info or not. And even if its true, is it only after i receive receipt or after i have filed for extension.

Please advice me on what to do.
    As long as your extension request reaches USCIS before your I-94 expiry, you can continue to stay and work in US for 240 day from the time your I-94 expires. Does the employer not have the courier tracking number for delivery to USCIS?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      As long as your extension request reaches USCIS before your I-94 expiry, you can continue to stay and work in US for 240 day from the time your I-94 expires. Does the employer not have the courier tracking number for delivery to USCIS?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you for the info, i didn't know about it. Update on the receipt: I received my receipt yesterday, i didn't expect it to be this fast without premium processing not being there.

Thanks once again, hopefully this info will be helpful for others.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X