H4 TO F1-Visa Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 TO F1-Visa Stamping

I came to US in 2015 December in H4 visa.I joined a university and filed COS to F1 visa .I am going to India for my F1 Visa stamping next week. I am just left with one course as part of my subject and have already covered all fees related to the course.However today I got a mail from international immigration office of my university regarding some recent guidelies on Intent to stay in your home country getting more strict and might delay the visa processing or also might lead to rejection of visa.As per immigration office of my university the guideline has been released very recently and they got updated just today.Can anyone guide what should be done - if I do not go now there is a very bleak chance that F1 visa stamping will be approved once I am in OPT.Any recent experience in F1 visa stamping will help in giving the exact picture.

Did you travel to India for F1 stamping?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I came to US in 2015 December in H4 visa.I joined a university and filed COS to F1 visa .I am going to India for my F1 Visa stamping next week. I am just left with one course as part of my subject and have already covered all fees related to the course.However today I got a mail from international immigration office of my university regarding some recent guidelies on Intent to stay in your home country getting more strict and might delay the visa processing or also might lead to rejection of visa.As per immigration office of my university the guideline has been released very recently and they got updated just today.Can anyone guide what should be done - if I do not go now there is a very bleak chance that F1 visa stamping will be approved once I am in OPT.Any recent experience in F1 visa stamping will help in giving the exact picture.
    Hello,

Did you travel to India for F1 visa stamping? Where did you stamp and how did the interview go?
    Did they return your passport the very same day?
    I am in my last semester of MS. I have heard that F1 should be stamped before graduation. I am planning to go to India just for 8 days. I am tensed, if I face any issues then I will miss my classes here.

Comment

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Planning to go for f-1 visa stamping as COS is taking longer than expected. Could both of you share your experiences?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X