Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa to rejoin a company

Hi guys,
    I was with this MNC till last year where I worked 5 years for them in India. I left it last year and working for a different company now for last 10 months. I got an opportunity in the same company now for one of their US locations (they are keen to have me there to help with some initiatives). So, the company is processing my L1B under blanket petition. Although I am not working with this company right now, the law says, if I have worked for 1 full year in last 3 years for a company, I can apply L1B through it. So, the company has gone ahead to process my Visa application based on this rule.

I am trying to understand what are the chances of getting "Your Visa is approved" response in such cases ? Are there others who have gone through similar case and had success ? Given the rejection rate for L1B, I am scared on how its going to turn out.

Regards,
    Rahul

Got L1B visa but don't want to travel to USA

Originally posted by Pop Alexandra
    You should be able to explain the situation and start over.
    Hi guys,
    As discussed in this thread, my case was special and I was able to explain it and I got the visa issued. Company understandably wants me to join ASAP, but I have a family situation so can't travel ASAP. Company may revoke the offer if I don't join them ASAP. My question is will there be any issues in future (from immigration perspective), if I didn't travel to USA for the same company through which I got the L1B visa. In a way, I got the visa, but didn't utilize it, lets say.. What potential problems can happen in future ? Anyone has experience on this before ?

Comment

No effect on any future petitions.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X