Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa Administrative Processing

Hello Everyone.

I have been accepted as a postdoctoral fellow and hence have applied for a J1 visa. My visa interview was on 24th July 2017 at Hyderabad, India. The VO asked about my educational background and previous project and asked for my passport and DS-2019. At the end of the interview she signed my DS-2019 and told me to show it at the immigration and returned my passport back, handing me over 221g white slip and told me that my case will have to undergo administrative processing for which I will have to fill up a questionnaire. I filled up the questionnaire that received by an email and attached the required documents with it and submitted it the very next day (25th July 2017). And since then there have been no updates on my case. On the CEAC website the case created date and last update is being shown as 24th July 2017.
    Anybody in a similar situation? Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

i was put on administrative processing for a B1/B2 visa in 2015 (in Canada as a temporary resident) and I think it takes up to two months (processing varies but Im sure you'll get your visa afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by philus.olu View Post
      i was put on administrative processing for a B1/B2 visa in 2015 (in Canada as a temporary resident) and I think it takes up to two months (processing varies but Im sure you'll get your visa afterwards
      All right. Thank you so much.

Comment

May I ask, do you know the reasons why you've been put in Administrative Processing?

Comment

J1 visa administrative processing

Originally posted by mitalig View Post
          Hello Everyone.

I have been accepted as a postdoctoral fellow and hence have applied for a J1 visa. My visa interview was on 24th July 2017 at Hyderabad, India. The VO asked about my educational background and previous project and asked for my passport and DS-2019. At the end of the interview she signed my DS-2019 and told me to show it at the immigration and returned my passport back, handing me over 221g white slip and told me that my case will have to undergo administrative processing for which I will have to fill up a questionnaire. I filled up the questionnaire that received by an email and attached the required documents with it and submitted it the very next day (25th July 2017). And since then there have been no updates on my case. On the CEAC website the case created date and last update is being shown as 24th July 2017.
          Anybody in a similar situation? Any help will be appreciated.
          Thank you.
          Hi Mitali,

I got a postdoctoral RA position and had been to CHennai on the 11'th Sep. Interview went really well, but I was given the blue slip (221g) saying the application had to be processed further. I got an email asking me for more details - invitation letter from Univ, cv with technical skills, countries visited etc. i believe it could be because of the question in the DS-160 which asked me if 'I had any skills or training in nuclear, explosives, weapons, biology or chemistry' - i selected Yes because biology/biochemistry is my area. My start date was 1 Oct, so I am worried now.

have you got your visa yet? what does the CEAC website say when you log in?

Regards
          V

Comment

I applied for a J1 visa as I was offered a postdoc. The interview was on 9/11 (unfortunate, I know). Interview was great, but was give a blue slip as the application required further processing under 221g. I received an email asking me to submit a few more documents, which I did on 9/13.

I believe this may be because I clicked Yes to a question on DS-160 asking if I had skills or training in Biology/CHemistry - not sure.

Has anybody else clicked Yes to that question? How long has it taken for the visa to be approved? I am worried as I have an alternate job offer which expires in a few days.

Regards
            V

Comment

Originally posted by vgk View Post
              I applied for a J1 visa as I was offered a postdoc. The interview was on 9/11 (unfortunate, I know). Interview was great, but was give a blue slip as the application required further processing under 221g. I received an email asking me to submit a few more documents, which I did on 9/13.

I believe this may be because I clicked Yes to a question on DS-160 asking if I had skills or training in Biology/CHemistry - not sure.

Has anybody else clicked Yes to that question? How long has it taken for the visa to be approved? I am worried as I have an alternate job offer which expires in a few days.

Regards
              V
              Hi,

I too have a query. I am from India and have shifted to USA in the july 2017 after my marriage. My husband is working here on H1 visa and I am on H4 dependent visa but I don't have H4 EAD work permit. He has started with the processing of his green card application but he has not added my name in that.
              Recently I am being offered the PDF (post doctoral fellowship) position in an university and I am really interested to join. They are ready to sponsor me J1 visa but I have a query regrading this. Since my husband has begun the process of acquiring permanent residency (green card application) is it advisable for me to apply for a nonimmigrant visa status such as J1 considering that green card filing shows an intention of migration and what are the chances of getting it approved ?

Comment

Hi Anupam,

Surely the University you have applied to has an International Office - they help students and staff with their visa applications. you should probably contact them about this. In other words, I have no idea about the answer.

Regards
                v

Comment

Hi Did you got your visa

Hi Did you got your visa

Comment

Delay in j1 visa due to administrative processing

Hi,
                    I got a post doctrate position in USA. I gave my visa interview for J1 visa at hyderabad on 20 July but was issued with white slip 221g. It has been more tha 65 days now. I hade written twice there but got the same standard reply. I don't know what to do now. I wonder, if ever, they are going to issue my visa. After how much time I should start applying for post doctorate in a different country. I can't wait forever in admestrative processing.

Comment

What is the status of your visa?

Originally posted by Pramod_19_01 View Post
                      Hi,
                      I got a post doctrate position in USA. I gave my visa interview for J1 visa at hyderabad on 20 July but was issued with white slip 221g. It has been more tha 65 days now. I hade written twice there but got the same standard reply. I don't know what to do now. I wonder, if ever, they are going to issue my visa. After how much time I should start applying for post doctorate in a different country. I can't wait forever in admestrative processing.
                      Hi Pramod,

I just saw your post. It has been 4 weeks and I have not got my visa. They have my passport and DS2019 form. They gave me a blue slip and mentioned the 221g clause. I think I would speak to your supervisor on advice. What is the message that comes up when you check the status on the CEAC website? If it is ADMIN PROCESSING, what was the date the case was updated? That way you know it the case has been looked at recently.

Regards
                      V

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X