Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Visa - 221 (g) with Administrative Processing

Hi Everyone,

I had my B1/B2 US business visa interview in Europe. My passport is returned to me and I have been given form 221g with Administrative processing tick marked.
    What are the chances my Visa will be approved ? Any past experiences?

Here's how the interview went:

VO: Good morning, how are you ?
    ME: Good morning, I am good how about you ?

VO: When did you move to Europe ?
    ME: 2 months ago

VO: From ?
    ME: US

VO: Oh, so you have been to US before ? Which Visa you were there?
    ME: Yes I did my Masters there and joined a company , worked on F-1 and now moved to Europe. As I always wanted to work here.

VO: For how long you were in US?
    ME: 4 Years and for 1.5 years I worked with this company.

VO: You mentioned you had a refusal or a visa earlier
    ME: Yes I was rejected a business visa when I was in India 5 years back

VO: Which company you were working then?
    ME: Another Indian organization , XYZ.

VO: Do you have any invitation letter from your company?
    ME: Yes, here it is.

VO: Sorry, at this time it is too early for you to re enter and we would need more information in the system. We will come back to you if we need additional documents and hands over my passport + 221 g.
    ME: oh ok , does this mean I have been refused visa?
    VO: No we need more information on your case and assuming everything goes positive - you will need to resubmit your passport with an envelope.

ME: Is there any time frame with in which I should expect to hear back from you?
    VO: No there is no time frame and it is technical system which may take time. But by LAW we are required to come back to you.

ME: Can I come back and collect myself rather than envelope for sending back my passport
    VO: No, we allow that in rare cases when you have booked your itinerary.

ME: I have booked my itinerary and I have it with me
    VO: You should not have, your company should have.

ME: Yes I mean my company booked it, but I guess I will change it for now.
    VO: Yes you should and we will get back to you with the decision. Have a good day.
    Me: thanks, you too

Any idea, if I will get approval or denial ?

Originally posted by abhinavs0204 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I had my B1/B2 US business visa interview in Europe. My passport is returned to me and I have been given form 221g with Administrative processing tick marked.
    What are the chances my Visa will be approved ? Any past experiences?

Here's how the interview went:

VO: Good morning, how are you ?
    ME: Good morning, I am good how about you ?

VO: When did you move to Europe ?
    ME: 2 months ago

VO: From ?
    ME: US

VO: Oh, so you have been to US before ? Which Visa you were there?
    ME: Yes I did my Masters there and joined a company , worked on F-1 and now moved to Europe. As I always wanted to work here.

VO: For how long you were in US?
    ME: 4 Years and for 1.5 years I worked with this company.

VO: You mentioned you had a refusal or a visa earlier
    ME: Yes I was rejected a business visa when I was in India 5 years back

VO: Which company you were working then?
    ME: Another Indian organization , XYZ.

VO: Do you have any invitation letter from your company?
    ME: Yes, here it is.

VO: Sorry, at this time it is too early for you to re enter and we would need more information in the system. We will come back to you if we need additional documents and hands over my passport + 221 g.
    ME: oh ok , does this mean I have been refused visa?
    VO: No we need more information on your case and assuming everything goes positive - you will need to resubmit your passport with an envelope.

ME: Is there any time frame with in which I should expect to hear back from you?
    VO: No there is no time frame and it is technical system which may take time. But by LAW we are required to come back to you.

ME: Can I come back and collect myself rather than envelope for sending back my passport
    VO: No, we allow that in rare cases when you have booked your itinerary.

ME: I have booked my itinerary and I have it with me
    VO: You should not have, your company should have.

ME: Yes I mean my company booked it, but I guess I will change it for now.
    VO: Yes you should and we will get back to you with the decision. Have a good day.
    Me: thanks, you too

Any idea, if I will get approval or denial ?
    No one can know for sure, but clearly they have issue with the fact that you were here in the U.S. for 5 1/2 years and have roughly been gone about 8 weeks and are already applying for a visa to return again.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
      No one can know for sure, but clearly they have issue with the fact that you were here in the U.S. for 5 1/2 years and have roughly been gone about 8 weeks and are already applying for a visa to return again.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
      Thanks Trinity for your reply. But it does not mean that for sure my visa application is rejected right?

May be you are right, but I genuinely need to travel because of my work. I hope they understand that in today's world working for MNC company situations like these often arise. Specially after legally staying in US for 4 1/2 years , and then joining another corporation legally in EU. I would have least interest in staying illegally in US.

Of course all these make logical sense to me, not sure how they think or work so never know.
      Last edited by abhinavs0204; 08-29-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks Trinity for your reply. But it does not mean that for sure my visa application is rejected right?

May be you are right, but I genuinely need to travel because of my work. I hope they understand that in today's world working for MNC company situations like these often arise. Specially after legally staying in US for 4 1/2 years , and then joining another corporation legally in EU. I would have least interest in staying illegally in US.

Of course all these make logical sense to me, not sure how they think or work so never know.

It's been refused pending additional information, so right now, it's been denied or rejected. However, once they obtain additional information, they may decide to "overturn" the denial and approve it and then issue the visa. How long this takes, I am not sure.

Trinity71

Comment

Approved B1/B2 Visa after 35 days

Exactly after 35 days I received an email from consular email address to drop my passport to the US Embassy and I got my passport back next day with B1/B2 visa.

Although I have to postpone my trip to US but I am happy that I did not get the third(:/) B1 rejection on my visa. May be having a big company's offer letter really helped. I must say VO was right when she said I do not see a reason why it won't be approved we just need more information and that is what happened.
          So fair point to the VO.

Thanks every one for your help and hopefully all of you get your Visas approved as well.
          Ciao.

Comment

B1 VISA on hold due to Administrative Processing

Hello
            I had my interview in the US general consulate Kolkata on the 8th of Jan. I was issued a slip requesting to submit documents for further processing. I was supposed to go for an observership in Medical cancer genetics. I am unaware of how long will it take for the visa to be approved. Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by diya2510 View Post
              Hello
              I had my interview in the US general consulate Kolkata on the 8th of Jan. I was issued a slip requesting to submit documents for further processing. I was supposed to go for an observership in Medical cancer genetics. I am unaware of how long will it take for the visa to be approved. Please help!
              You will be answered at https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ive-Processing

Do not hijack others thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly after 35 days I received an email from consular email address to drop my passport to the US Embassy and I got my passport back next day with B1/B2 visa.

Although I have to postpone my trip to US but I am happy that I did not get the third(:/) B1 rejection on my visa. May be having a big company's offer letter really helped. I must say VO was right when she said I do not see a reason why it won't be approved we just need more information and that is what happened.
              So fair point to the VO.

Thanks every one for your help and hopefully all of you get your Visas approved as well.
              Ciao.
              Actually when they said administrative processing, they really mean it. They certainly do some background checks, verification & then call you.

Congratulations !!
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

221 (g) with Administrative Processing

I hope they understand that in today's world working for MNC company situations like these often arise. Specially after legally staying in US for 4 1/2 years..

Comment

Originally posted by diya2510 View Post
                  Hello
                  What happen to your visa? Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
                    It's been refused pending additional information, so right now, it's been denied or rejected. However, once they obtain additional information, they may decide to "overturn" the denial and approve it and then issue the visa. How long this takes, I am not sure.

Trinity71
                    thanks trinity))

Comment

Visa approved status administrative process

Comment

Being away for few weeks and you wish to return might have brought this AP. Chances of approval are high if your intentions a clean. Been on AP over similar scrutiny and at last I got a five year visa in 35 days. Be calm, likely you will be approved, just doing background check

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis
                          Thats not correct.
                          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X