Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g for fingerprinting

Hi,

After appearing for my H1B extension interview on 14th Aug, my case went to "Administrative Processing". I got my passport returned on 23rd with white slip for fingerprint only.
    I gave my fingerprint on 28th Aug and was being told that I will receive my passport in 2-3 days. My status was updated with the date I gave fingerprints.

However today on 29th morning status got updated but was still "Administrative Processing". In the late afternoon it was changed to "Application Received".
    I have no idea what's this status for, as mine is not a drop box case. Can anyone suggest?

Thanks,

Here is my updates -

11th Aug - Fingerprint
    14th Aug - Interview (Standard questions.)
    After the interview VO told my Visa is approved and kept passport
    Case changed to "Administrative Processing"
    23rd Aug - Collected passport from VFS where 221g for Fingerprint was attached.
    28th Aug - Gave fingerprint at Embassy and submitted passport
    Office told I should get my passport in 2-3 days
    Case date updated to 28thAug - "Administrative Processing"
    29th Aug - Case status updated to "Application Received"
    05th Sep - Case status updated to "Application Received" with new date 5th Sep and after sometime changed to "Administrative Processing"

Comment

B2 visa under administrative processing 221g for Fingerprinting

Nov 12th 2017: Biometrics done at Nehru place, dropped of passport at the same location.
      Nov 13th: Status: Administrative processing
      Nov 16th: Passport returned with white 221g asking to come to US Embassy for Fingerprinting again.
      Nov 17th: Gave fingerprints at 10:00 am; case date updated to Nov 17th; bur status remained Admin Processing.

I have non-refundable tickets booked for Nov 21st; spending sleepless nights.
      Please post your timeline if you had similar experience.
      Previous two B2 visa were approved within two days of interview. This is the first time I chose "Interview waiver" and got stuck
      Pramila

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X