Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last name on some documents is different due to name change

Hi all,

I am a student. So I am going to Lisbon (Portugal) next month on a business/conference visa for attending a conference. The thing is, I have recently changed my name from "ABC XYZ" to "ABC PQR" and I did not get enough time to update it in the passport due to shortage of time. I got the conference call at short notice.

The thing is, I have updated my name in my institute and bank account to "ABC PQR". So my NOC/bonafide certificate from my institute and my bank statement have the name "ABC PQR" whereas in all the other documents I am yet to update my name formally. So my passport still contains the name "ABC XYZ" and I have already done my flight ticket bookings, accommodation booking, Schengen travel insurance in the same name as passport name.

I have also contacted Portugal embassy in India regarding the same. I am waiting for their reply. I am yet to apply for a visa as I am waiting for their go ahead.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting a visa ? I have the proof of name change from "ABC XYZ" to "ABC PQR" in the form of Gazette notification from Govt. of India's website. I also have the proof of my institution updating my name from "ABC XYZ" to "ABC PQR". Will that suffice ?

I am getting really nervous since I have to attend the conference at all costs. Then only my research will be published. Also, I have paid a big amount as part of the registration towards the conference.

Please reply with your views at the earliest on this issue.

Thanks,
    Pika

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X