Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2 - stay extension beyond 6 months for parents

Hi Experts,

Has anyone applied stay extension for parents on B2 successfully?
    My parents are here for 6 months, and I would like to apply extension for their stay. Do such cases get approved by USCIS?

Thanks!

Lots of cases get approved.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

b2 - stay extension beyond 6 months for parents

If the extension request is denied, will their 10 year multiple entry visa become void?
      Also, what impact would it have on our GC process?

We would also like to apply GC for parents in future, what would be the impact on their GC application - when extension is approved or denied.

1 additional question - B2 extensions processed by which service center?

Comment

Originally posted by GGKamal View Post
        If the extension request is denied, will their 10 year multiple entry visa become void?
        If they are still here when it is denied, yes. If they leave before it is decided, there is no effect.

Also, what impact would it have on our GC process?
        none

We would also like to apply GC for parents in future, what would be the impact on their GC application - when extension is approved or denied.
        none unless they have a ban. And they would only trigger a 3-year/10-year ban if they leave the US 180 days / 1 year after being denied.

1 additional question - B2 extensions processed by which service center?
        I believe California and Vermont

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying to my queries.

I plan to apply for extension this weekend, and their current I-94 expiry is Oct 22nd, 2017. I plan to apply extension for another 3 months, which means they will depart by Jan 22nd 2018.
          Given the wait times in both California and Vermont Service centers it is likely that their decision will be provided after their departure.

So in this case, is it safe to assume that denial will have no impact on their 10 year multi entry visa? I am hoping that their extension will get approved, but just want to be prepared for worst case scenario.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying to my queries.

I plan to apply for extension this weekend, and their current I-94 expiry is Oct 22nd, 2017. I plan to apply extension for another 3 months, which means they will depart by Jan 22nd 2018.
            Given the wait times in both California and Vermont Service centers it is likely that their decision will be provided after their departure.

So in this case, is it safe to assume that denial will have no impact on their 10 year multi entry visa? I am hoping that their extension will get approved, but just want to be prepared for worst case scenario.
            That's right. Leaving the US automatically abandons the application, and they may just deny it for that reason. It has no effect on their visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X