Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my I-140 still valid and GC related questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my I-140 still valid and GC related questions?

Hello All,
    I am in a unique situation; my GC process was started last Feb 2016 and I got my I-140 approved in Nov 2016 with a priority date of July 2016. My company merged with another company and I had to take a new position with the new company in March 2017. As of March 2017 I had 13 months left on 6 year H-1B cap.

The new company used the existing I-140 approval to a get 3 year extension (expiring in Apr 2020) on my H-1B. My new manager has not yet given me any assurance on whether he will file for my GC or not but I am hopeful. So given the situation I have a few questions.

1) Is my I-140 still valid/active?

Below questions are applicable if I-140 is valid/active.
    a) If my manger decides to file for my GC can my approved I-140 (from previous company) be utilized in any way?
    b) If he decides not to file for my GC but extend my H-1B in Apr 2020 can I get another 3 year extension based on the approved I-140 that I have?

As far as I know my I-140 was not revoked when I went from old company to new and I was employed with old company for 4 months after my I-140 was approved.

If there are any questions or need more information to answer my questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    F12H1.

Any advise guys?

Thanks,
    F12H1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X