Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath Ceremony Letter Time Frame?

Hi,

I had my interview for naturalization on 08/11/2017. Two weeks later on August 24th my online status was updates and now it says '' We placed you in line for oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx, with the date, time and location of your oath ceremony. ''

I am located in Chicago. How long does it take to be scheduled for oath ceremony ? I need to travel with US passport on September 24th. Will it be possible to be scheduled before September 24th?

Does anyone has similar experience in Chicago?

Thanks.

My ceremony was 33 days after it said "Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling."

I am in New Jersey though, not Chicago.

You may also want to take into account how long the process is to get your first passport.

Your only option may be to go to one of the passport agencies that do same day passports, along with your plane tickets and a good reason for the rush.
    Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
    Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
    Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

I check the status online periodically but saw on August 29th that an oath ceremony had been scheduled for my husband.

Just yesterday, September 6th, he received an email from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services letting him know that Naturalization Ceremony has been scheduled for next Tuesday, September 12th, and that the letter should be arriving to him this week.

Comment

Originally posted by mj_per View Post
        I check the status online periodically but saw on August 29th that an oath ceremony had been scheduled for my husband.

Just yesterday, September 6th, he received an email from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services letting him know that Naturalization Ceremony has been scheduled for next Tuesday, September 12th, and that the letter should be arriving to him this week.

When was your husband's interview? How long did he wait? And is he located in Chicago?

Comment

Hope you got your appointment but at least you have a status update

Originally posted by snow99 View Post
          Hi,

I had my interview for naturalization on 08/11/2017. Two weeks later on August 24th my online status was updates and now it says '' We placed you in line for oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx, with the date, time and location of your oath ceremony. ''

I am located in Chicago. How long does it take to be scheduled for oath ceremony ? I need to travel with US passport on September 24th. Will it be possible to be scheduled before September 24th?

Does anyone has similar experience in Chicago?

Thanks.
          Snow99, I too am in the Chicago vicinity and also went to an interview around the same time as you did....my experience with updates is very different than yours though....my status still doesn't even acknowledge that I have been to an interview....the last update reflected online is from when they sent me the interview letter back in July....since that time there have not been any updates...and yes, I passed the test and the interview and I was told I was being recommended for approval. I hope you got your oath appointment in time to get the passport you needed.....me, I am still waiting for status update, appointment, the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ACRS View Post
            Snow99, I too am in the Chicago vicinity and also went to an interview around the same time as you did....my experience with updates is very different than yours though....my status still doesn't even acknowledge that I have been to an interview....the last update reflected online is from when they sent me the interview letter back in July....since that time there have not been any updates...and yes, I passed the test and the interview and I was told I was being recommended for approval. I hope you got your oath appointment in time to get the passport you needed.....me, I am still waiting for status update, appointment, the whole thing.

I am still waiting. I guess there are many people applying around same time / month in Chicago. My case was updated online but I have not received any letter yet. Please post here if you receive any update / news from immigration.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

When was your husband's interview? How long did he wait? And is he located in Chicago?
              We are in the DC area. I'm not sure of the exact date but it was the end of June when he had his interview. (maybe the 23rd). 3 weeks later he received a letter requesting additional information before they can make a decision (tax documents). Submitted these documents by middle of August.

Comment

Help!

Hi,

Im from San Francisco. I was wondering how long does the oath taking ceremony schedule when you receive your letter? is it like when you get your letter today, 2 weeks from now it will be your oath taking ceremony? Because after my interview, they said to wait for the letter for like 2-3weeks and it's been a month but I have no update on my online status case and no letter yet. And I'm suppose to travel outside the country too.

I hope you'll help.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jihyun View Post
                  Hi,

Im from San Francisco. I was wondering how long does the oath taking ceremony schedule when you receive your letter? is it like when you get your letter today, 2 weeks from now it will be your oath taking ceremony? Because after my interview, they said to wait for the letter for like 2-3weeks and it's been a month but I have no update on my online status case and no letter yet. And I'm suppose to travel outside the country too.

I hope you'll help.

Thank you!
                  I am in the same boat - it is so inconsistent. My wife and I did the interview on same day but different officers on 8/29 in NYC. Both told us to expect notification within 2 weeks and they would schedule us to take the oath at the same time. My wife's status got updated online within 3 days and she got her oath letter last week for oath ceremony next week. No change on mine - stills says being scheduled for interview. Trying to schedule an infopass is just a nightmare, i checked all times of day and nothing is ever available. The phone people are not helpful either they just tell you what's on the website.

Comment

Today is October 4th. I had my interview on August 11th. My case was updated online on August 24th. Since then it says we placed you in line for oath ceremony.

I am still waiting.

Originally posted by xpress88 View Post
                    I am in the same boat - it is so inconsistent. My wife and I did the interview on same day but different officers on 8/29 in NYC. Both told us to expect notification within 2 weeks and they would schedule us to take the oath at the same time. My wife's status got updated online within 3 days and she got her oath letter last week for oath ceremony next week. No change on mine - stills says being scheduled for interview. Trying to schedule an infopass is just a nightmare, i checked all times of day and nothing is ever available. The phone people are not helpful either they just tell you what's on the website.

Comment

6 months after interview -still waiting for oath ceremony scheduling

I had the interviewed since early May, 2017, it well smoothly. It is Oct 8, 2017 today and there is still no sign of ceremony letter. Went to info pass saying it is in the third party background check. Using the USCIS site for out of normal processing timeline to ask questions on Aug 14, 2017, and they said it might take another 120 days, and call their number after 120 days if still no letter. Not sure what is going on. Anyone has good suggestions on what to do or has any explanations to such long delay, or anyone has similar experiences?

Today is October 4th. I had my interview on August 11th. My case was updated online on August 24th. Since then it says we placed you in line for oath ceremony.

I am still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by pmf123 View Post
                        My ceremony was 33 days after it said "Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling."

I am in New Jersey though, not Chicago.

You may also want to take into account how long the process is to get your first passport.

Your only option may be to go to one of the passport agencies that do same day passports, along with your plane tickets and a good reason for the rush.

Can you tell me, where was your oath ceremony, was in Newark FO or some other places.

I was placed in Line for Oath on 9/13, it is going to be a month, still not scheduled. Can you give me some light and when can I expect to be scheduled.

Comment

I got my letter

I am still waiting. I guess there are many people applying around same time / month in Chicago. My case was updated online but I have not received any letter yet. Please post here if you receive any update / news from immigration.

Thanks for the reply.
                          I got my letter about 2.5 weeks ago telling me to go today for my oath ceremony. I went in, they said be there by noon...I got there at 11:30 and there was already a line. They did not start until 1pm. Once started it went pretty quickly....there were 111 taking the oath representing 32 countries today.

I hope you get your letter soon.

Comment

still waiting

Originally posted by ACRS View Post
                            I had my interview on Aug 24th 2017 at Chicago, still waiting for the oath letter.

Comment

still waiting

So, based on the status checker my application was received April 27, 2017. Then on May 14, 2017, it was processing. On November 22, 2017 they placed me in line for Oath Ceremony. I believe I didn't have to go into the interview process because my mother was naturalized somewhere in 2006. But, so far it's December 29, 2017 and I haven't received a letter or updates from the website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X