Criminal recird from 20 years ago, Esta but no Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal recird from 20 years ago, Esta but no Visa

Maybe someone can help with this please.

Over 20 years ago I was convicted of drink driving in the UK where I am a citizen. I received a 2 months custodial sentence, justfir ahighlevel reading. No other event occurred.

3 years after this I obtained a Tourist Visa and visited the States in 2000 and 2003.

More recently its time to travel again with my young family. I just automatically applied honestly toget an ESTA which was successful so booked and paidfor myholiday.

After further research and getting no definitive answer from anybody anywhere Ithought it best to apply fir another Tourist Visa.

I got together all the relevant documentation and had an interview yesterday, I was not granted a Visa, the Officer has asked for more information regarding the original offence, despite the ACRO certificate saying " No Trace" and my putting the correct offence information down on the accompanying paperwork.

The extra information is called "Stepped Down" Informationand ACRO will lrivide this.

The Officer handed my oassport back to me with not a great deal more said. I have completedhis request for the Embassy to be able to check the infirmation directly with ACRO, now just twiddling my thumbs.

Has anyone been in this situation ?
    Hiw long did it take ?
    If the Visa isdenied can Iuse my Esta ?

Any help please as my familythink we are not going to Disneyland in Ovtober.....

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X