No announcement yet.

I-130 got Stuck In CSC. Anyone else? Any info would be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had also applied in April 2017 and still nothing since then, is that normal?? or should i wait for one month also
    its so annoying that there is no progress in the dates

Comment

Originally posted by rasha167 View Post
      I had also applied in April 2017 and still nothing since then, is that normal?? or should i wait for one month also
      USCIS California Service Center date for I-130 petition (Children and spouse of LPR) latest date Nov 21, 2016.
      If there will be no additional delays, you probably have to wait 4-6 months more just for i130 review/approval.

Check the dates for Visa bulletin and USCIS Processing time every month to get the idea and wait for the date to become current.
      Until then, there is not much you can do.

I tried to make calls, appointments but it was a waste of time for me.

If anyone has different experience please let us know.

Comment

my attorney said that some people who had applied in march get approved already, could that happen accidently or the date is just stuck?
        and if i updated my case from F2A to IR after my husband get the citizenship what time should i expect to wait?
        thank you for replying

Comment

I am in the same situation as you. My priority dates is April 3, 2017 which is current for March 2018 Visa Bulletin. I am planning to file i485 package as many here as well as a few attorneys advised me to do that. They said I can file i-485 without i-130 approval notice since I am a non immigrant on a legal status.(F1 Visa currently on OPT). My wife is LPR and she filed i-130 in March 2017 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannypatel1590 View Post
            I am in the same situation as you. My priority dates is April 3, 2017 which is current for March 2018 Visa Bulletin. I am planning to file i485 package as many here as well as a few attorneys advised me to do that. They said I can file i-485 without i-130 approval notice since I am a non immigrant on a legal status.(F1 Visa currently on OPT). My wife is LPR and she filed i-130 in March 2017 for me.
            from what I know that in your case you can apply for the I-485 to the USCIS office that is working on your case even though you're not yet approved to the I-130. and if you get approved you should apply to the NVC.
            I'm living abroad right now so I cant apply for the I-485 and I should wait to the final action date!!!!
            I'll keep you updated on my case and the approval, keep me updated on yours as well

Comment

from what I know that in your case you can apply for the I-485 to the USCIS office that is working on your case even though you're not yet approved to the I-130. and if you get approved you should apply to the NVC.
              I'm living abroad right now so I cant apply for the I-485 and I should wait to the final action date!!!!
              I'll keep you updated on my case and the approval, keep me updated on yours as well
              Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyCardello View Post
                If you Greencard Holder who filled for a son, who is outside the US, well, we are in the same boat. F2A visa.
                Several months ago I had a conversation about this situation with California governor. I was given the advice to go for Infopass.
                However, it doesn't make sense to do that until the date in you USCIS Office will become current.
                All they can do, provide you more detailed information where your case is. But their final response will be "Your case is within normal processing time".

California SC shows Nov 21, 2016. Hopefully, your USCIS date will become current within 2 months.
                And my case within 2-3 months.
                Thanks.
                It looks like just keep on waiting, and that everybody in this category is still waiting.
                At least it means that there is more "pending time" to deduct in the CSPA calculation to prevent him aging out.

Comment

Hello,

I'm new in this forum but I just happened to see that this thread is actually about what I've been asking. My stepfather's application is stuck too in the California center. His priority day is March 2017 and the processing time says November 14, 2016! I just saw that CSC was in November 2016 mots ago (March)! At that time, it was moving fine (slow but at least moving) but then, all of the sudden, the date moved back to September!!! This "moving backwards" has happened 3 more times. Does anybody know what is going on?

I'd really appreciate any feedback

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by barb9 View Post
                    My I-130 petition for my son has priority date of January 12, 2017.
                    I have heard nothing since.
                    Processing time for his category is saying Nov 2016.
                    Does this seem right that it is more than 14 months at CSC?

Unfortunately, yes. It's "Within normal processing time" as they like to say.
                    If you call USCIS you'll get the same response. (But you can try and let us know if you get something else).

Also that "processing time" rolls back all the time. I've seen it shifted for 1 month back for at least 3 times.

I'm keeping an eye on visa journey topic. The latest reviewed date reported is Jan 23. I would say that in your case it should be reviewed soon. Maybe within 1-2 months.

I'm not sure is it okay to post external links here, but if it's okay it will can be helpful: visa journey dot com/forums/topic/615839-all-california-service-center-i-130-filers/?page=49

Comment

Thanks.
                      i now have the approval notice. It was August 8.
                      Have contacted nvc as have heard nothing and have been told that they should have it by now and send scan of approval to nvcresearch.
                      Anyone else had this happen?

Comment

Hi, my priority date is alson April 2017 too, do you have the approval notice by now?

Comment

Is there any updates on your case? Cause mine is still waiting. I applied my F2A. April 2017 and got the NOA1 only. Been 18months now, but will waiting for the Approval notice. Or the NOA2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Santiago View Post
                            Is there any updates on your case? Cause mine is still waiting. I applied my F2A. April 2017 and got the NOA1 only. Been 18months now, but will waiting for the Approval notice. Or the NOA2.

I received an approval last week. It was Sep 29 2018. My PD Feb 02 2017. 1 Year 8 Months. 20 months in total.
                            I can't foresee, but I would say, yours should be somewhere between 2 and 4 months more. It takes 18 to 23 months total.
                            Last edited by TommyCardello; 10-07-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

my priority date is also April 2017 and I still didn't receive anything although my husband is now a citizen and we applied to update our case to ir-1 a month and half ago and still got nothing, its frustrating for all that wait.

Comment

my priority date is also April 2017 and I still didn't receive anything although my husband is now a citizen and we applied to update our case to ir-1 a month and half ago and still got nothing, its frustrating for all that wait.

It should move faster after upgrading.
                                Anyways, they currently work on Feb-March.
                                So, your petition should be processed withn 1-3 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X