Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 got Stuck In CSC. Anyone else? Any info would be appreciated

Hi,

I was looking for any recent information about my case and haven't found what was I looking for.
    I'm sure a lot of people have the same question.

Maybe someone knows how to find the answer.

So, I have filled i-130 for F2A (Spouse of LPR) in February. PD is 02.02.2017. (7 months ago).
    Average Processing time usually 4-6 months. So I was patiently waiting.
    And I wouldn't create this thread unless one problem.

Every month I check Processing dates in all Service centers. And all centers except California (Where my case is) have movement in dates each month. Some of the centers have dates like late January. So, my case could be approved in those centers.

But California got stuck on Aug 23, 2016. They haven't changed this date for 5-6 months.
    3 months ago I called USCIS toll free number and they told "5-6 more months".
    I called them last week and still "5-6 months". They are useless (oh what a "surprise").

I think what if contact senator, governor, ombudsmen, info pass. Just to request information.

So, I'm trying to find any information what happened, why it happened and what to expect.
    I understand, probably no one knows that for sure, but if someone knows at least something, please let us know.

If you have filled between August 2016 and the present time, and you have any updates for your I-130 I would appreciate you to share your experience.

It isn't going to be current for another year and a half, anyway

Comment

help with file

Originally posted by TommyCardello View Post
      Hi,

I was looking for any recent information about my case and haven't found what was I looking for.

So, I have filled i-130 for F2A (Spouse of LPR) in February. PD is 02.02.2017. (7 months ago).

Every month I check Processing dates in all Service centers. And all centers except California (Where my case is) have movement in dates each month. Some of the centers have dates like late January. So, my case could be approved in those centers.

But California got stuck on Aug 23, 2016. They haven't changed this date for 5-6 months.
      I called them last week and still "5-6 months". They are useless (oh what a "surprise").

I think what if contact senator, governor, ombudsmen, info pass. Just to request information.

So, I'm trying to find any information what happened, why it happened and what to expect.
      I understand, probably no one knows that for sure, but if someone knows at least something, please let us know.

If you have filled between August 2016 and the present time, and you have any updates for your I-130 I would appreciate you to share your experience.
      Hello my friend. I think you are on the right track. You should reach out to the ombudsman or your senator for assistance. I would go the senator route as a matter of preference. The best way to reach out to a senator is by going to their local office. If that is not a possibility then call the office. Good Luck !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aghaaz0719 View Post
        Hello my friend. I think you are on the right track. You should reach out to the ombudsman or your senator for assistance. I would go the senator route as a matter of preference. The best way to reach out to a senator is by going to their local office. If that is not a possibility then call the office. Good Luck !!!
        Thank you for your advice!
        I've started with email to senator and I will continiue with phone call or with an appointment.

Yeah, I know it's not going to be current at least one year, but 7 months without any update it's not very good.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi I'm the same as you i applied for my wife since Feb-23

Hi please let me know if you got any updates my application for my wife is stuck in CSC and i dont have any clue what to do im a green card holder and still no updates at all.

Comment

Same here

I filed I-130 and I'm a greencard holder
            PD 12/05/16

I checked the case status almost every day but someone told me it will take one more year after that I stop checking the case status.

Please let me know when you get updates to your case. Thank you and Goodluck

Comment

I will and please let me know if you get any updates as well

I will let you as soon as i get any updates and please do the same for me it's to frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Macamer1 View Post
                I will let you as soon as i get any updates and please do the same for me it's to frustrating.
                Still Aug 23.
                I still checking status every week. Now I'm on 9th month of waiting. Probably I have to wait 2-3 months more for i130 approval.
                But, after that I still need to wait more than year for visa become available. Check visa bulletin.

So, it doesn't really matter will they review it tomorrow or in 6 months more.
                But it frustrating waiting for nothing without any movement in dates.

BTW Senator ignored my email. But governor called me. They told almost the same as USCIS. "Still normal processing time". They have advised to try infopass in 2-3 months if not results.

Comment

Site not updated timely (I suspect)

Originally posted by TommyCardello View Post
                  Hi,

Hi Tommy,

My I-130 is being processed at CSC as well and I too noticed that the date was stuck at August 23, 2016; my priority date is 11 October 2016. I received an approval notice dated October 17, 2017 (approximately one year after applying). It therefore seems as though they are not updating the site in a timely manner. I suspect that they should get to your date soon

Comment

Originally posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
                    Hi Tommy,

My I-130 is being processed at CSC as well and I too noticed that the date was stuck at August 23, 2016; my priority date is 11 October 2016. I received an approval notice dated October 17, 2017 (approximately one year after applying). It therefore seems as though they are not updating the site in a timely manner. I suspect that they should get to your date soon
                    Thanks for letting us know. Yes, I believe they processing October now. I have no idea why the date stuck on August. Yes, I think 2-3 months more and my i130 will be processed as well. It also will be a year of waiting. (Currently around 9 months).
                    Anyway, 1 year more after that...

I like your nickname. It makes a lot of sense here

Comment

Thank you so much

Thanks for giving us an update i was really worried as I've applied in Feb so hopefully I'll be patient for another 2-3 months.

Comment

i130 f2a - GC sponsor to spouse(Spouse on legal visa) - i130 Pending 3.2+ years

Hi,

Just going through this thread, very supportive members. Want to share my case to see if there are anyone on the same boat or any suggestions to next steps I can do.

My priority date for i130 petition for spouse is on 02/01/2015. California Service Center. Current dates are 22/03/2016.

- My attorney says we need to wait until i130 gets approved before we file change of status. (which is ok I think compared to delay - but worried that next steps take same time delay)

- Submitted online inquiry many times (4 or 5 total I think) - (last update said "Interview scheduling in progress" - but no official update on the Case status)

- Went to info-pass (me and my spouse) - They said "File reached Laguna hills office - but we have no control to expedite the request. Just HOPE/PRAY one day it gets picked"

Last Case Update: "On May X, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number WAC YYYY YYYY ZZZ. "
                        ----- (Donno what name he is talking about. Maybe he updated my Attorney name - no clue at all for that statement - Status unchanged from last 10 months though online inquiry says one new update everytime called into)

Online update as of today : "We will review your request for a data change. If needed, we will make the change. " (I never requested any date change. Prior to this they said 'Interview in Schedule')

Thank you,
                        SS

Comment

Originally posted by myreges View Post
                          My attorney says we need to wait until i130 gets approved before we file change of status. (which is ok I think compared to delay - but worried that next steps take same time delay)
                          Go ahead and submit your adjustment of status packet

Comment

14 months at CSC

My I-130 petition for my son has priority date of January 12, 2017.
                            I have heard nothing since.
                            Processing time for his category is saying Nov 2016.
                            Does this seem right that it is more than 14 months at CSC?

Comment

Originally posted by barb9 View Post
                              My I-130 petition for my son has priority date of January 12, 2017.
                              I have heard nothing since.
                              Processing time for his category is saying Nov 2016.
                              Does this seem right that it is more than 14 months at CSC?
                              If you Greencard Holder who filled for a son, who is outside the US, well, we are in the same boat. F2A visa.
                              Several months ago I had a conversation about this situation with California governor. I was given the advice to go for Infopass.
                              However, it doesn't make sense to do that until the date in you USCIS Office will become current.
                              All they can do, provide you more detailed information where your case is. But their final response will be "Your case is within normal processing time".

California SC shows Nov 21, 2016. Hopefully, your USCIS date will become current within 2 months.
                              And my case within 2-3 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X