Applying for spouse visa into US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for spouse visa into US

Not sure I'm in the right forum, but hoping to get some insight on the visa process for my husband....I'm a US citizen and he is from Egypt, but we are both residents of Dubai (recently married in Dubai). Understanding that the visa process can take some time from the middle east, do you advise that we start well before we expect to relocate to my home in the US (most likely in 2-3 years)? My concern is that the visa would be granted before our work contracts end - what is the average time for visa processing? Can someone have a visa to the US and just visit once a year until they are ready to relocate? Thank you!

It is not clear whether you are referring to Fiance Visa or Immigrant Visa.

Fiance visa would take may be 4 months, max 6 months. After getting the visa, you need to right away go to the US and get married within 90 days.

Immigrant visa would take anywhere from 8 months to 12 months. You need to go to the US within 6 months.

Once you receive green card, you need to generally stay in the US at least 6 months out of a year. Just visiting few days is not enough.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Immigrant visas for immediate relatives takes 12 to 18 months to process and issue. Once issued, the visa is valid for one year before admission to the United States, upon which your spouse will become a US permanent resident. Your spouse can not maintain USLPR by residing abroad and only visiting the United States occaisionally

Comment

K3 Visa, questions

Hello,.
        is k3 visa (spouse non immigrant visa) any quicker, if one is applying from Detorit or Dallas lock box facilities?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        It is not clear whether you are referring to Fiance Visa or Immigrant Visa.

Fiance visa would take may be 4 months, max 6 months. After getting the visa, you need to right away go to the US and get married within 90 days.

Immigrant visa would take anywhere from 8 months to 12 months. You need to go to the US within 6 months.

Once you receive green card, you need to generally stay in the US at least 6 months out of a year. Just visiting few days is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by farhanahq View Post
          Hello,.
          is k3 visa (spouse non immigrant visa) any quicker, if one is applying from Detorit or Dallas lock box facilities?
          K-3 is obsolete. You would directly get an immigrant visa first.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Any advise to speed up the process?

are there any advices, to speedup the process?

we have just submitted our i-130 forms and waiting for notice of action.

Originally posted by newacct View Post
            K-3 is obsolete. You would directly get an immigrant visa first.

Comment

We submitted our i-130, i-130a forms and got the notice of action. Now what do we do?

there is no update from NVC to submit any further docs. please help?

Originally posted by farhanahq View Post
              are there any advices, to speedup the process?

we have just submitted our i-130 forms and waiting for notice of action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X