Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry permit questions (I-131)

Hi all.

Some questions that I have on filing re-entry permit I 131.

I am applying for re-entry permits for me and my child, to be delivered to the embassy in my home country.

1. Fees: should i provide 2 separate checks for the permit itself + biometric*or should i combine them on a single check? *($575 & $85 OR $660?)

2. On USCIS website, it states that child below 14 need not pay for biometrics - does this mean if i apply for my 4 year old, he WILL NOT GET the biometric appointment *and that is the end of his I-131 application (meaning once i submit his application, and get a notification of receipt from USCIS, my child can just travel back to our home country (where as i have to wait for the biometric appointment)?

Use this form to apply for a reentry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, advance parole document (including parole into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit), or advance permission to travel for Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) long-term residents.

3. When entering USA at POE, can the permit be used in lieu of a physical Green Card, especially if the card is missing and the entry is after 1 year of absence, before the expiry of the reentry permit? *Or do i need to show a valid I-551 stamp on my passport?

4. Can a re-entry permit be used as an evidence of Permanent resident status? (reason is this - if i lack funds now to apply for my missing GC as well as re-entry permit at the same time - can i just apply for re-entry permit, and then in my next journey to the USA - which i hope would be permanent one - i apply for a replacement GC?)

5. If i apply for both Green Card replacement I-90 as well as re-entry permit, and both require biometrics reading, can i do both of them at the same time? If yes, how?

6. Just double checking, (i did read the guide on filling I 131) - for my child's form, PART 8, i should sign at the box where it says SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT as well as in PART 9 , SIGNATURE OF PREPARER. Correct?

Thank you.

any thoughts anyone?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X