Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 expiring soon, received I-612 and switching to H1B

Hi all,

I came to the US on a J1 visa in March 2016 and the program completes on September 2017. I was subjected to HRR and applied for J1 waiver/ I-612 through no objection from India, my Home Country and just received it. My new employer is willing to apply for an academic H1 and soon they will apply by premium processing. Since my J program end this September 2017, is there any possibility to extend my nonimmigrant visa status by I-539? Should I still need to go India after the J program completion for a smooth transition into the H1 program? else can I join in the H1 program upon its approval during the 30 day grace period ? Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
    SVR

Hello SVR,
    Even I am in the same situation now. Could you share your experience.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Originally posted by SVR04 View Post
    Hi all,

I came to the US on a J1 visa in March 2016 and the program completes on September 2017. I was subjected to HRR and applied for J1 waiver/ I-612 through no objection from India, my Home Country and just received it. My new employer is willing to apply for an academic H1 and soon they will apply by premium processing. Since my J program end this September 2017, is there any possibility to extend my nonimmigrant visa status by I-539? Should I still need to go India after the J program completion for a smooth transition into the H1 program? else can I join in the H1 program upon its approval during the 30 day grace period ? Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
    SVR

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X