Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Individual approved in Mumbai after L1A Blanket rejection

Hi Guys,

I benefitted a lot by going through the post and I would like to give it back to this forum.

My L1A Blanket was rejected in Chennai in Dec-2016 and below questions were asked.
    1) Name of the organization
    2) Tenure with organization
    3) will work from client location?
    4) Onsite reportees
    5) Onsite reporting manager and his designation

I answered all questions and they seemed quite straight forward, however VO felt otherwise and handed me 221g blue slip mentioning not clearly approvable.
    I was very dissappointed and my organization initiated L1A-Individual after 2 months in Feb-2017. My petition was submitted to USICS on May-2017 and got USICS
    approval on July-2017 without any RFE. Eventually got my L1A visa approved yesterday in Mumbai for me and my family. Only 3 questions asked and most of time
    VO was typing and going through the petition.

My guess is once you have USICS approval then I guess your visa is as good as approved until and unless something drastic happens during PAI. as for blanket petition,
    its on organization level and VO has to ascertain whether a candidate is qualifying for the visa and has to ascertain you during 2-3 minutes of interview. It basically all depends on VO's perception at that time....

This is purely my opinion and good luck guys.... most importantly dont loose hope!!!

Good luck...

Hi chinmaya congrats please help me kbow is stamping of l1 linked with salary. Few discussions shows the aalary should be more than 100k..was ur salary more than 100k.. The petition is however approved by uscis waiting for stamping. Your input will be valuable

Comment

Originally posted by चिन्मय मार्डीकर View Post
      Hi Guys,

I benefitted a lot by going through the post and I would like to give it back to this forum.

My L1A Blanket was rejected in Chennai in Dec-2016 and below questions were asked.
      4) Onsite reportees

I answered all questions and they seemed quite straight forward, however VO felt otherwise and handed me 221g blue slip mentioning not clearly approvable.
      I was very dissappointed and my organization initiated L1A-Individual after 2 months in Feb-2017. My petition was submitted to USICS on May-2017 and got USICS
      approval on July-2017 without any RFE. Eventually got my L1A visa approved yesterday in Mumbai for me and my family. Only 3 questions asked and most of time

My guess is once you have USICS approval then I guess your visa is as good as approved until and unless something drastic happens during PAI. as for blanket petition,
      its on organization level and VO has to ascertain whether a candidate is qualifying for the visa and has to ascertain you during 2-3 minutes of interview. It basically all depends on VO's perception at that time....

This is purely my opinion and good luck guys.... most importantly dont loose hope!!!

Good luck...
      Congratulations, yes I too have the same experience after L1 Blanket got rejected, I have got L1B Individual.

In L1 Individual's case, once USCIS approves the petition, then the VISA is approved for sure, we have to go to embassy to get the VISA stamped, so just for verification candidate will be asked few questions.

Comment

Hi Shankar,
        did you have reportees when you were applying?

Any idea, why did the blanket visa didn't go through?

would appreciate your response

Comment

Hi Guys,

4) Onsite reportees

Good luck...
          I am in the same boat. L1 Blanket was rejected and individual approved. I am filling DS160 to schedule interview. Got stuck at one question now , could you please answer me what you answered here

- One of the question in DS-160 is :
          -- Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I am not sure if I should answer YES or NO here. Online searches suggest to answer this as "NO" since my previous L1B Blanket rejection was petition denial not Visa denial. Please let me know this answer?
          -- If answer is YES - then what reason should I give, same as by visa officer i.e My L1B Blanket petition was denied with the reason "Not Clearly Approvable" .
          -- Is above point#2 applies to my spouse and kid as well. Or there I can answer as "NO" since it was my petition which got rejected not their.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

DS160 Doubt

Originally posted by asonar View Post
            I am in the same boat. L1 Blanket was rejected and individual approved. I am filling DS160 to schedule interview. Got stuck at one question now , could you please answer me what you answered here

- One of the question in DS-160 is :
            -- Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I am not sure if I should answer YES or NO here. Online searches suggest to answer this as "NO" since my previous L1B Blanket rejection was petition denial not Visa denial. Please let me know this answer?
            -- If answer is YES - then what reason should I give, same as by visa officer i.e My L1B Blanket petition was denied with the reason "Not Clearly Approvable" .
            -- Is above point#2 applies to my spouse and kid as well. Or there I can answer as "NO" since it was my petition which got rejected not their.

Thank you in advance.
            Hi 'asonar'

While reading the thread, I had the exact question.
            Let us know what did you finally select and how did it go if the process is complete.

My situation is kind of similar and the individual petition is with the USICS.
            Please share your experience.

Thanks
            Rohit

Comment

Hi Guys,

4) Onsite reportees

Good luck...
              Hello All,

I had my My L1 B blanket visa interview in chennai on 13th Nov 2018 and it was rejected, VO handed me blue 221 G form and marked the checkbox option which says "Your Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(B),(C),or(D),or INA 101(a)(15)(L).

My company applied for L1 B individual premium processing, received a RFE post that USCIS has approved my L1 B individual petition.

Can someone please help me in answering/clarifying below doubts -

1. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected) need to fill DS160 form again ?

2. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay the visa fee again ?

3. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to take both OFC and visa interview appointment again ?

4. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay visa fee(USD 190) and fraud detection again ?

5. - One of the question in DS-160 is :

Comment

Originally posted by rishibhargava View Post
                Hello All,

I had my My L1 B blanket visa interview in chennai on 13th Nov 2018 and it was rejected, VO handed me blue 221 G form and marked the checkbox option which says "Your Blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(B),(C),or(D),or INA 101(a)(15)(L).

My company applied for L1 B individual premium processing, received a RFE post that USCIS has approved my L1 B individual petition.

Can someone please help me in answering/clarifying below doubts -

1. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected) need to fill DS160 form again ?

2. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay the visa fee again ?

3. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to take both OFC and visa interview appointment again ?

4. Do I and my dependent(which were their with me when L1 blanket was rejected)need to pay visa fee(USD 190) and fraud detection again ?

5. - One of the question in DS-160 is :
                Please do not hijack other's thread & post your question on every thread:

- I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X