Delay in medical report, Green card interview in 10 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in medical report, Green card interview in 10 days

Hello guys, I applied for my parent's green card earlier this year as I am a US citizen. Their green card interview (in mumbai India) is scheduled in 2 weeks. Yesterday they went for medical check up locally. My dad's medical was clear and they gave him the report, but they asked my mum that she needs to go for TB screening and that takes 2 months. Everyone in our family is health and never had any types of communicable diseases. This 2 months delays throws everything behind.

My question is should we try to go to different authorized hospital and get the medical done again? I have read so many places that going to interview without medical is just waste of time.

Did anyone have a similar situations? what did you all do in that case?

Please help. Thanks

Originally posted by monty_k View Post
    Hello guys, I applied for my parent's green card earlier this year as I am a US citizen. Their green card interview (in mumbai India) is scheduled in 2 weeks. Yesterday they went for medical check up locally. My dad's medical was clear and they gave him the report, but they asked my mum that she needs to go for TB screening and that takes 2 months. Everyone in our family is health and never had any types of communicable diseases. This 2 months delays throws everything behind.

My question is should we try to go to different authorized hospital and get the medical done again? I have read so many places that going to interview without medical is just waste of time.

Please help. Thanks
    TB Screening can be immediate with a chest x-ray. I'm not aware of any TB screening that takes 2 months. The skin test is done within a 2 week time-frame. Perhaps clarify exactly what they are trying to achieve by delaying 2 months. If you're not happy, it may be a good option to go somewhere where they will do the Chest X-ray and get it over with.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

Same thing happened to my DAD , waiting

Please help. Thanks
      Same thing happened to my dad in Ahmadabad Apollo Hospital, We have to wait 2 months until Jan 2018 and after we are not sure what is going to happened. Do you know who to contact for follow up action ?, or how to go about this , what to do next ?

Comment

Please help. Thanks

Hi, we experienced the same at Ahmedabad Apollo. Did you do something about it or you just ended up waiting for 2 months?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X