Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS Error in Green Card- Pending I-90 application, India Travel on I-551 Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Error in Green Card- Pending I-90 application, India Travel on I-551 Stamp

Hi Everyone,

I received my green card in November 2016. In that country of birth was specified as USA, therefore we submitted the I-90 application along with the green card for rectification. I received my I-90 receipt on 9th Feb 2017 . Its been 7 months and I am yet to receive my rectified green card back.

We are planning to visit India in December 2017. For that, I am planning to get an Info pass appointment for I-551 Stamp in October 2017. Just to add, my husband's GC is fine and my daughter is an US citizen.
    Could you please help me with the below questions?

1) Has anybody traveled to India on I-551 stamp recently?
    2) Do we face any issues when we travel on I-551 stamp ?
    3) Do we need to travel by any specific airlines (eg United) where we don't have any halts in the other countries?
    4) Is there any way to expedite the process of I-90 when the error is from USCIS?

Originally posted by swap_27 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I received my green card in November 2016. In that country of birth was specified as USA, therefore we submitted the I-90 application along with the green card for rectification. I received my I-90 receipt on 9th Feb 2017 . Its been 7 months and I am yet to receive my rectified green card back.

We are planning to visit India in December 2017. For that, I am planning to get an Info pass appointment for I-551 Stamp in October 2017. Just to add, my husband's GC is fine and my daughter is an US citizen.
    Could you please help me with the below questions?

1) Has anybody traveled to India on I-551 stamp recently?
    2) Do we face any issues when we travel on I-551 stamp ?
    3) Do we need to travel by any specific airlines (eg United) where we don't have any halts in the other countries?
    4) Is there any way to expedite the process of I-90 when the error is from USCIS?

Traveling with I-551 stamp is fine for as long as the it is within the period of validity . I 551 stamp is a valid green card and shall be accepted as such by any entities especially government.

(source: from what i read as well as my recent experience entering the USA with I-551 stamp that is kinda close to its expiry date).

Comment

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
      Traveling with I-551 stamp is fine for as long as the it is within the period of validity . I 551 stamp is a valid green card and shall be accepted as such by any entities especially government.

(source: from what i read as well as my recent experience entering the USA with I-551 stamp that is kinda close to its expiry date).
      Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X