Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to H4 Convrsion

Hello,

I'm on F1 and it is going to expire on Aug 2018. My Spouse is in USA with F2 Visa (F2 Visa expiring in 2020). I got my H1 picked this year 2017 and it is approved, will be effective from Oct 1 and I/My employer have not yet applied for H4 visa for my Spouse.

Question is I'm planning to visit India in the month of December and go for stamping. Can my-self and my spouse visit India and get stamped without any issues or do I need to apply immediately for Change of Visa status for my spouse from F2 to H4 and then visit India.

What is the typical time taking for change of visa status from F1 to H4 and is there any premium processing for that?

Could someone help me on this?

Originally posted by vinayb4u View Post
    Hello,

I'm on F1 and it is going to expire on Aug 2018. My Spouse is in USA with F2 Visa (F2 Visa expiring in 2020). I got my H1 picked this year 2017 and it is approved, will be effective from Oct 1 and I/My employer have not yet applied for H4 visa for my Spouse.

Question is I'm planning to visit India in the month of December and go for stamping. Can my-self and my spouse visit India and get stamped without any issues or do I need to apply immediately for Change of Visa status for my spouse from F2 to H4 and then visit India.

What is the typical time taking for change of visa status from F1 to H4 and is there any premium processing for that?

Could someone help me on this?
    Once you move to H1, your spouse can no longer remain on F2, she needs to get a F2 to H4 filed before 01-Oct-2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi,

Do you have any idea on this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X