Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can a H1B visa holder work remotely from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can a H1B visa holder work remotely from India?

I was working in US from Jan 2016 on H1B ,and it is valid till Nov 2019. Due to family emergency i had to come to India on July 1st 2017 and currently working from India remotely since then.I wanted to ask for how many days more can i work from India .I am getting paid as usual to my bank account biweekly on US payroll.

Originally posted by kmar123 View Post
    I was working in US from Jan 2016 on H1B ,and it is valid till Nov 2019. Due to family emergency i had to come to India on July 1st 2017 and currently working from India remotely since then.I wanted to ask for how many days more can i work from India .I am getting paid as usual to my bank account biweekly on US payroll.
    That is between you and your employer. USCIS has no say in this matter. BTW once you left for India, you no longer were/are in H1B status. A non-immigrant can have a status only if physically present in the US.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Updates?

Hi There,

Curious to know what you ended up doing since I am in a similar situation. I am on onsite deputation currently but would like to go back to US in Feb after a 2 month remote or unpaid time off.

Thanks,
      Vinod.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X