Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 with I-551 stamp

Hi!

I'd like to share a bit of my unique background. I'm a conditional permanent whose gc expired April 2016 while I was in Manila. I filed a returning resident visa in the US Embassy in Manila and got approved, upon approval they got my expired gc inside a packet that I can't open which I surrendered at the immigration upon entering LAX last July 28, 2017. They gave me the I-551 and SB1 (returning resident) stamp. After a few weeks, me and my wife filed my I-751. We sent it out last August 16, 2017. And up to this day we haven't got any reply from the USCIS. But the money order was already cashed. I called USCIS to confirm what happened and the representative from the dept of homeland and security told me that it takes about 6 weeks now to receive any reply. So I still have to wait 2 more weeks to check it out with them again. I'm just nervous of my status because I haven't gotten any notice of action or anything. Plus my expired green card is not with me too. Any advice on this?

As you mentioned your gc expired in Manila, when you were inside the airport did the immigrations officer in a Manila give you any hard time when they saw only the stamp on your passport? We almost have the same scenario but mine is pending I-751 took my physical green card during the interview in NY and had my passport stamped with an I-551, did they stamp your passport in USA port of entry in LAX or in US Embassy Manila?I’m worried if the immigrations officers in Manila knows the I-551 stamp is valid and can leave Manila without any problems? I’ve done some readings and other airline attendants not the immigration officers in other countries denies boarding of the passenger so I’m worried if anyone out there has experienced traveling from Manila to the USA had any problems with only the I-551 stamped on the passport? Please help!!!! Need to travel due to family emergency. Help!!

Comment

Originally posted by supremeezy View Post
      Hi!

I'd like to share a bit of my unique background. I'm a conditional permanent whose gc expired April 2016 while I was in Manila. I filed a returning resident visa in the US Embassy in Manila and got approved, upon approval they got my expired gc inside a packet that I can't open which I surrendered at the immigration upon entering LAX last July 28, 2017. They gave me the I-551 and SB1 (returning resident) stamp. After a few weeks, me and my wife filed my I-751. We sent it out last August 16, 2017. And up to this day we haven't got any reply from the USCIS. But the money order was already cashed. I called USCIS to confirm what happened and the representative from the dept of homeland and security told me that it takes about 6 weeks now to receive any reply. So I still have to wait 2 more weeks to check it out with them again. I'm just nervous of my status because I haven't gotten any notice of action or anything. Plus my expired green card is not with me too. Any advice on this?
      The I551 stamp is the green card. Green card is just the fancy plastic version of I551. So, wherever you intend to use the green card use the I551 stamp.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X