I am dying... application receive April 12....and still no EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am dying... application receive April 12....and still no EAD

I know writing this post won't help my situation much, but I'm suffering so much from depression that I needed a place for venting and support.

I see a lot of people who've received their EAD after having filed their documents in May..June..July..

Mine went in April 12, it's been over 5 months.. and I have had no updates..

I've been told by my attorney and by the USCIS that nothing is wrong, and that the only thing I can do is wait..
    I understand that..but it's been so long, and whatever small hope I had...just keeps diminishing..

I've cried so many times, this helplessness, the days spent by myself..waiting with nothing to do..has been killing me.
    I've tried holding on... My sweet boyfriend of a year has been so supportive, and yet...
    this past month..I have been so insecure, fragile.. and in doubt of my own being, and of my stay here.. I've been the worst girlfriend ever..
    My negativity, my depression has driven us into fights, and I couldn't handle that I was burdening him with my inability to handle my own self,
    I ended up calling the relationship quits..

I'm sad and heartbroken, and so lost.
    I've lost.. or rather threw away.. the strongest support I had, because I couldn't handle burdening him.
    In a way I'm relieved I don't have to come to him with my sadness, that he's no longer my outlet to my problems, but it breaks my heart that I had to break his
    because of my situation, because I couldn't handle my own sorrow..

I'm sure a lot of you have suffered the wait..on your own terms,
    I've been there...going beyond.. 60 days... 90 days..91 days...92...100...110..120...130...140...150 days..
    hoping...just hoping maybe it'll be today that I get an update.
    and now.. it's been 158 days...

and extreme loneliness for 6...

I know there's only a handful of you..if at all.. that have gone past this long..
    But if there are..can you please share your experiences...

Any word of support or advice would really help...

Thank you

PD: 4/12
    Biometrics: 5/15
    Receipt for i765.. has been received (before end of may)
    Last edited by jony52; 09-20-2017, 06:44 PM.

Have you completed Biometrics appointment, and how long ago?:
    Have you received an I-751 hard copy receipt notice for your I-765?

If "no" to each of the above questions, something is wrong, and your attorney needs to give you better information.

The Biometrics is normally scheduled a couple of weeks after your documents are received by USCIS. Your Employment authorization averages about 3 months after your Biometrics.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jony52 View Post
    I know writing this post won't help my situation much, but I'm suffering so much from depression that I needed a place for venting and support.

I see a lot of people who've received their EAD after having filed their documents in May..June..July..

I've been told by my attorney and by the USCIS that nothing is wrong, and that the only thing I can do is wait..
    I understand that..but it's been so long, and whatever small hope I had...just keeps diminishing..

I've cried so many times, this helplessness, the days spent by myself..waiting with nothing to do..has been killing me.
    I've tried holding on... My sweet boyfriend of a year has been so supportive, and yet...
    this past month..I have been so insecure, fragile.. and in doubt of my own being, and of my stay here.. I've been the worst girlfriend ever..
    My negativity, my depression has driven us into fights, and I couldn't handle that I was burdening him with my inability to handle my own self,

I've lost.. or rather threw away.. the strongest support I had, because I couldn't handle burdening him.
    In a way I'm relieved I don't have to come to him with my sadness, that he's no longer my outlet to my problems, but it breaks my heart that I had to break his

I've been there...going beyond.. 60 days... 90 days..91 days...92...100...110..120...130...140...150 days..

I know there's only a handful of you..if at all.. that have gone past this long..

Thank you

Comment

yes I have received all notices..and biometrics

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have..

Biometrics Done Date: 5/15

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Have you completed Biometrics appointment, and how long ago?:
      Have you received an I-751 hard copy receipt notice for your I-765?

If "no" to each of the above questions, something is wrong, and your attorney needs to give you better information.

The Biometrics is normally scheduled a couple of weeks after your documents are received by USCIS. Your Employment authorization averages about 3 months after your Biometrics.

--Ray B

Comment

Then you don't have any reason to believe there is a problem. You are now about 4-1/2 months in waiting for the EAD, and that is not unusual.

--Ray B

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have..

Biometrics Done Date: 5/15

Comment

Thank you Ray..

Thank you Ray..

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Then you don't have any reason to believe there is a problem. You are now about 4-1/2 months in waiting for the EAD, and that is not unusual.

--Ray B

Comment

Thank you

Hello,
            I understand you situation. If you feel that you EAD is not coming in a timely manner you can always write or call to submit an inquiry online. When I submitted my inquiry they change my status to card being produced within the two days.

Comment

Case Assistance

Hi jony,

I totally understand your despair as I just went through it myself.

What I did and what you can try at this point, to expedite thigs, is to file a service request with the USCIS ombudsman office. They will deal with immigrations and help expedite cases that have been pending for over 90 days, i.e., the normal processing time. Go to this link: https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance and fill in the electronic application form. After recieving the confirmation email to your application, reply/email their office requesting an expedition of your application and you should hear back soon enough. You can also call their office every couple days for case update. They have a direct phone line, so no push button voice messages.

Good luck!

Best,
              J

Comment

Don't despair

Thank you

I'm feeling the same! I totally understand and I hate the feeling of just waiting and waiting and nothing happening. Did you go online and submit a Case Inquiry? Go to uscis and submit a Case Inquiry online. That's what I did. It took them about 2 weeks to respond to it, but soon, I got an email from them saying that there is a delay having nothing to do with my case. There is just a backlog of applications and they're going through slowly. Also, you can see what cases they are currently on if you check the progress chart. They are currently on April's cases actually, so you should hopefully hear back soon! If you are currently working, your Receipt Notice has instructions that stayed you are allowed a 180 day extension on your current EAD. Stay positive!! We will all receive good news soon

Comment

Originally posted by mb2395 View Post
                  I'm feeling the same! I totally understand and I hate the feeling of just waiting and waiting and nothing happening. Did you go online and submit a Case Inquiry? Go to uscis and submit a Case Inquiry online. That's what I did. It took them about 2 weeks to respond to it, but soon, I got an email from them saying that there is a delay having nothing to do with my case. There is just a backlog of applications and they're going through slowly. Also, you can see what cases they are currently on if you check the progress chart. They are currently on April's cases actually, so you should hopefully hear back soon! If you are currently working, your Receipt Notice has instructions that stayed you are allowed a 180 day extension on your current EAD. Stay positive!! We will all receive good news soon
                  In my experience, filing service requests with USCIS doesn't achieve much, while the long wait for a response increases level of anxiety
                  @mb2395: when did you file you application?

Comment

Originally posted by milkypooch View Post
                    In my experience, filing service requests with USCIS doesn't achieve much, while the long wait for a response increases level of anxiety
                    @mb2395: when did you file you application?
                    That is very true...the case inquiry said they would respond to me by September 8, but they actually didn't until the 18th...and I definitely did get extremely anxious waiting for a response. I submitted May 17 for a renewal EAD.

Comment

Try contacting the ombudsman of USCIS and star your case and your efforts in SRs. This may move your case along.

Comment

Thank you

Have you received your EAD? Hopefully yes!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X