Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI renewal

Hi,

My 10 year old already has OCI. He got a new US passport (3rd in his lifetime) last month. He has U Visa on his first passport. Since he has a baby picture on his first passport & U visa, I am thinking of getting the transfer done.

Has anyone recently transferred the U Visa from old passport to new passport? Can you please share your expeience.

I saw CKGS site, but there is no time-frame specified. Any idea how much time it is currently taking? I am in silicon valley, and SF is closest Indian consulate.

We have India travel coming up on Dec 18. I hope I have enough time to get this done. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by pb74 View Post
    Hi,

My 10 year old already has OCI. He got a new US passport (3rd in his lifetime) last month. He has U Visa on his first passport. Since he has a baby picture on his first passport & U visa, I am thinking of getting the transfer done.

Has anyone recently transferred the U Visa from old passport to new passport? Can you please share your expeience.

I saw CKGS site, but there is no time-frame specified. Any idea how much time it is currently taking? I am in silicon valley, and SF is closest Indian consulate.

We have India travel coming up on Dec 18. I hope I have enough time to get this done. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
    try to hire reliable 3rd party agents to complete the application and submission, CKGS website is gonna totally screw you up, and if you made any mistake, may take you forever to follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by pb74 View Post
      Hi,

Thanks in advance.
      I believe they dont have U Visa sticker system anymore(you dont even have to send your passport anymore, except for the first time). All you need to do is apply for OCI miscellaneous service (New passport). Processing time appears to be the same 60 business days. Thats 3 months so you may not get new OCI in time, but there is a chance.
      But to travel you dont need a new OCI when you change your passport. All you need is the old passport and the OCI along with your new passport. Thats as per MHA circular/Consulate website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X