Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa when using Medicaid

Hi all,

My wife came to US with F2 visa and stayed for almost two years. During this time, we got a baby and she used Medicaid as we were told that we are eligible for it. Now, she is back home and planning on renewing her F2 visa since I am still under F1 visa status (She's planning to come with our child). I was recently told that using Medicaid will prevent her from getting a new visa!!! Anyone has faced or known similar situations please share with me?? Thanks in advance

Originally posted by par22 View Post
    Hi all,

My wife came to US with F2 visa and stayed for almost two years. During this time, we got a baby and she used Medicaid as we were told that we are eligible for it. Now, she is back home and planning on renewing her F2 visa since I am still under F1 visa status (She's planning to come with our child). I was recently told that using Medicaid will prevent her from getting a new visa!!! Anyone has faced or known similar situations please share with me?? Thanks in advance

You were not really eligible for it (Medicaid), but because you decided to have a baby here even though you had no means to financially take of a pregnancy or delivery, the U.S. taxpayers had to pay for all of it. Yes, this can prevent her from getting a visa.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Hi all,

Hi, I am also in a similar situation. Do you have any update on this case? Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by rufusrafan View Post
        Hi, I am also in a similar situation. Do you have any update on this case? Please let me know.
        Hi,

She had the interview a week ago and was told by the officer that they need more time "Administrative processing" to review her case.

Comment

questions asked

Hi,

She had the interview a week ago and was told by the officer that they need more time "Administrative processing" to review her case.
          Did the VO ask about medicaid receipt?

Comment

She was not asked about Medicaid and the case has not been updated since interview date. When are you gonna apply?

Comment

She was not asked about Medicaid and the case has not been updated since interview date. When are you gonna apply?
              Next February. Let me know if you receive any updates!

Comment

Any updates?

Do you have any updates on this, Did your wife get the visa?
                Also, This website (https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-shee...rge-fact-sheet) says medicaid for short term care is not considered as public charge. However it might be difficult to explain that during visa interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X