Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaining green card

Hi everybody would be really grateful if you could help me with this:

Once I get the green card how long can stay out of the states every year? I am ok if that delays my citizenship.

I am planning to come and stay in USA for work for 3-6 months every year. Will I lose my green card if I do that and if I will lose how long you think that is going to take to lose it?

Thanks

the point of Green Card is for you to stay in the USA. If USA is not the place you want to be most of the time, why bother?

If you still want to maintain it, apply for a Re-Entry permit, I-131. USD 660. then you can leave the country for up to 2 years until the expiration of that Re-entry permit. you can get another one for 2 years and after that up to 1 year believe.

Comment

You can stay out of the States up to a year, or longer with a Reentry Permit, but about the third time you reenter the U.S., you will be asked to get serious about your U.S. residency status or risk losing your Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mabruka View Post
      Hi everybody would be really grateful if you could help me with this:

Once I get the green card how long can stay out of the states every year? I am ok if that delays my citizenship.

I am planning to come and stay in USA for work for 3-6 months every year. Will I lose my green card if I do that and if I will lose how long you think that is going to take to lose it?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for reply and is it difficult to get this reentry card is it like visa meaning request likely to be rejected

Comment

The fee for the Reentery Permit is $660, and not that big a deal unless there is a prior history of multiple Reentry Permits. When applying for it, the applicant must stay in the U.S. long enough to complete Biometrics, and can then leave the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mabruka View Post
          Thanks for reply and is it difficult to get this reentry card is it like visa meaning request likely to be rejected

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X