Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be fired on H1... Need to know the process. Kindly Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be fired on H1... Need to know the process. Kindly Help!!!

Hi All,
    I am on my H1B Visa and my current project is coming to an end this month end.
    I have managed to find a project with another consulting company (company A) which has been established since 2012.
    The salary they are paying is max of 90K.
    They have filed the LCA and next week, Wednesday or Thursday, I believe H1 will also get filed.

Today, I have another offer from one reputed company (company B). They have not yet released the offer.
    When I talked to the HR person in the company B, he said that they will start the paper work on 25th September (Monday)
    He mailed me saying that I am confirmed for the project.
    So, after they start the paper work, they could take couple more days to send me the offer and H1 initiation may start after week more time.

Now, here are my questions.
    1. In the prevailing scenario of H1 Visa Approvals, I am hearing that any salary less than 100K goes to RFE or getting approval is difficult. Is this true?
    2. If company A starts the H1 in normal processing, do I have to give the receipt details to the company B when they start the H1?
    3. If in case I join company A on normal H1 process, and then company B starts the H1 process, will I face any issues in joining company B?
    4. Also, I would like to understand the grace period to find job in case I go jobless.

I am on H1B Visa only (No I140) and My wife is not working. Kindly Advise!

Thanks!

Regards,
    Rajesh

There is no fixed number like 100k. It all depends on the prevailing wage at your particular work location for your particular job. RFEs are typically being issued for entry level jobs asking for the rationale as to why a non-immigrant worker is needed for that particular position. The rules haven't changed, just more scrutiny/officer discretion in their enforcement.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      There is no fixed number like 100k. It all depends on the prevailing wage at your particular work location for your particular job. RFEs are typically being issued for entry level jobs asking for the rationale as to why a non-immigrant worker is needed for that particular position. The rules haven't changed, just more scrutiny/officer discretion in their enforcement.
      Thanks for your response.
      My current salary is 114K with my current employer!

Regards,
      Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X