Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa and OPT expired

Hi
    I was on 12 month OPT. But my school made a mistake and did not update my employer information in my sevis record. Now my OPT is finished last week and I'm unable to apply for an extension. My school is stating that I'm not even eligigle for grace period. My F1 visa is also expired last year. Will I be able to transfer to another school now to maintain my F1 visa?

good luck, i'm following this, my university made a mistake and as a result terminated my f1.

Comment

Originally posted by mibaabmi View Post
      Hi
      I was on 12 month OPT. But my school made a mistake and did not update my employer information in my sevis record. Now my OPT is finished last week and I'm unable to apply for an extension. My school is stating that I'm not even eligigle for grace period. My F1 visa is also expired last year. Will I be able to transfer to another school now to maintain my F1 visa?
      I am sorry to hear that. you should find a good institution. email to [email protected]. will let you know the details

Comment

Originally posted by mibaabmi View Post
        Hi
        A visa is for entry purposes only. The bigger problem you have is: Your F1 status expired. If that is the case, then you do not have a status to transfer. In such a scenario, you should travel outside the US ASAP, and then apply to a different school, and get a visa. The more you delay, the closer you move to the risk of triggering a ban the moment you leave the US next.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X