Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon can I reapply for a denied reentry permit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon can I reapply for a denied reentry permit?

Today, I received a notice from USCIS stating that they denied my reentry permit application. I have less than 30 days to appeal. I decided to not appeal because it looks like USCIS rejects most appeal cases like mine and it would cost me more than $675.
    Reason for rejection: applying for a reentry permit abroad. I did the biometric appointment but now they are stricter and need you to be in U.S. to fill I-131 form. Previous two times, I filled up I-131 Form abroad and it worked for me.

My plan is to go back to U.S. on an expired reentry permit (July 14th, 2017) in October and to reapply for a reentry permit in U.S.
    Do I have to wait till I can reapply for a reentry permit?

Can I tell the immigration officer at the port of entry that I am coming back to U.S. to reapply for a reentry permit because it was rejected?
    Has anyone faced similar situation?

It would be awesome if anyone can give me an answer. I am really worried...
    Last edited by lilyg; 09-25-2017, 04:38 AM.

Re-entry permit denied

Hi!

I am curious what you ended up deciding re: re-applying for a reentry permit after denial. My re-entry permit application was just denied (do not know the reasons yet) so I am freaking out.

Originally posted by lilyg View Post
    Today, I received a notice from USCIS stating that they denied my reentry permit application. I have less than 30 days to appeal. I decided to not appeal because it looks like USCIS rejects most appeal cases like mine and it would cost me more than $675.
    Reason for rejection: applying for a reentry permit abroad. I did the biometric appointment but now they are stricter and need you to be in U.S. to fill I-131 form. Previous two times, I filled up I-131 Form abroad and it worked for me.

My plan is to go back to U.S. on an expired reentry permit (July 14th, 2017) in October and to reapply for a reentry permit in U.S.
    Do I have to wait till I can reapply for a reentry permit?

Can I tell the immigration officer at the port of entry that I am coming back to U.S. to reapply for a reentry permit because it was rejected?
    Has anyone faced similar situation?

It would be awesome if anyone can give me an answer. I am really worried...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X