Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H! B Stamping with DUI during Probation

hi there, I was arrested for

1- 'hit and run' (minor) in Dec 2016 which was reduced to 'Hitting a fixed Object' with no points on driving license.

2- dui charges in Jan 2017. Court reduced dui to reckless driving in Apr 2017 with 1 year probation, 3 days in jail, fines, community service, dui classes and doctor's evaluation .

Now I am planning to go to India to visit my parents some time before EOY. I am done with all court stuff except completing probation. Will it be safe to go for visa stamping in this scenario where I am done with all things except completing probation? To come back to USA I would need visa stamped. My h1b had expired with old employer and I am on i797 approval expiring in 2019,with new employer since Oct 2016.

1- I am afraid of if my stamping gets rejected because of the charges. does VO consider charges (DUI) or just focuses on decision (reckless driving)?

2- What docs should I bring forth with me?

3- I dont have any other records besides these 2. Is there any chance I can get my visa stamped? Or what should be the best deal for me? When should I go for stamping?

My DUI attorney and probation officer told me that I can travel. Before travelling, I will definetely bring a paper from court saying that. But major question is should I travel. Is there any rule or some example that they will not allow me to reenter.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X