Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 EAD extension - Travelling outside country for an unavoidable reason - Please adv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD extension - Travelling outside country for an unavoidable reason - Please adv

Hello everyone,
    I am currently working on a L2 EAD and My I-94 expires on July 01st 2018. My EAD expires on March 17th 2018. My husbands company is applying for his L1 extension in January 2018. The earliest I can apply for renewal of my EAD is 120 days before expiry which will be November 17th 2017. But the problem is, I need to travel outside the country for an unavoidable reason in December for 10 days. I read that travelling outside the country while renewal petition is in process is risky.

I come back on December 26th and if i apply for extension after my return then i hardly have 90 days until the expiry of current EAD on 17th March. And I cannot wait for my husbands company to process my EAD along with the visa extension since they are starting that only in Jan 2018 when my EAD is expiring on March 17th. My question is, is it safe to take this risk of applying for extension of EAD on November 17th, then travel for 10 days in December hoping that they will not pick my application so early? Even if i apply for extension, they will look at my I 94 and see that it is valid only till July 01st 2018 which is 3.5 months from current EADs last date. Will this be an issue?

Looking for to your advise. Really appreciate any help. thank you.

Regards
    Nina

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X