Interview went bad , boston office , rude officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview went bad , boston office , rude officer

We went today to our interview they calle my husband first the usc and i stayed outside waiting for them to call me ,, he stayed for one and half hour with the interviewer !! He was very rude really rude and my husband decided to withdraw the petition and reaply again because the interviewer was intending to deny application 130 and 485 !!!
    We are going to reaply afain ! Any one has any idea after how llong i fall out of status ?? I mean after how long i should apply ? And i have a valid AP and EAD if i reapplied for 485 and 130 i have to apply ahian for AP and EAD !? Or mine still valid ?
    Thanks !

Your AP & EAD will no longer be valid once your I-485 is denied, which is inevitable now that your husband withdrew his I-130. You should both refile the entire package immediately. Or at least soon, before removal proceedings against you commence

It is a little late to mention it, but obviously your husband shouldn't have withdrawn his I-130. It isn't like he's getting his filing fee back. A USCIS agent can claim that he intends to deny both your petitions, but for him to actually do so he would have to provide his reasoning in writing, and either his colleague or supervisor would have to agree. If his reasons are indefensible, you would have grounds to have his decision reconsidered.

You'll have to coach your husband to handle these interviews better, so that he isn't persuaded to withdraw his petition the next time you have an interview. I made similar comments in a similar thread by another poster https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ment-of-status

Comment

what country are you from what race and religion are you?
      from africa or middle east right?
      also you said in other post you are a green card holder ?

Comment

why i am asking or knowing this is because something with your case seems odd. no one just get a stokes interview like that if there is no serious doubt about relationship . could also be that the usc spouse has a history of sponsorship himself which would explain the tough questioning . what i want to get at is that it instills fears into peoples minds saying you were treated very poorly and agressively when ther is obviously an underlying story that you are not telling here

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
          why i am asking or knowing this is because something with your case seems odd. no one just get a stokes interview like that if there is no serious doubt about relationship . could also be that the usc spouse has a history of sponsorship himself which would explain the tough questioning . what i want to get at is that it instills fears into peoples minds saying you were treated very poorly and agressively when ther is obviously an underlying story that you are not telling here
          Mustang! Sorry what do you mean by history of sponsorship by himself if I may ask

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Almeg89 View Post
          We went today to our interview they calle my husband first the usc and i stayed outside waiting for them to call me ,, he stayed for one and half hour with the interviewer !! He was very rude really rude and my husband decided to withdraw the petition and reaply again because the interviewer was intending to deny application 130 and 485 !!!
          We are going to reaply afain ! Any one has any idea after how llong i fall out of status ?? I mean after how long i should apply ? And i have a valid AP and EAD if i reapplied for 485 and 130 i have to apply ahian for AP and EAD !? Or mine still valid ?
          Thanks !
          Almeg! Like seriously, we need to understand somethings, especially reason why it has to be stoke interview at first? And how did the officer started with your husband that led him to cancelling of the initial petition on that spot!

Comment

Originally posted by niji View Post
            Mustang! Sorry what do you mean by history of sponsorship by himself if I may ask

- - - Updated - - -

Almeg! Like seriously, we need to understand somethings, especially reason why it has to be stoke interview at first? And how did the officer started with your husband that led him to cancelling of the initial petition on that spot!
            Well just asking that it could be that maybe the USC spouse has sponsored people in the past where marriage has broken up after two years etc... Because its very unusual that they go so hard on the USC spouse for more then an hour without thinking of marriage fraud beforehand. So something must have triggered the suspiciousness, that made the officer go after you so hard. Of course if they started asking him basic questions in the beginning that he could not answer and dug himself a hole from there they will not let go and ask to withdraw or otherwise take it to court with DHS prosecutor, house visits, second stokes interview.
            But this is just a guess what probably happened maybe OP could elaborate.

Comment

Well just asking that it could be that maybe the USC spouse has sponsored people in the past where marriage has broken up after two years etc... Because its very unusual that they go so hard on the USC spouse for more then an hour without thinking of marriage fraud beforehand. So something must have triggered the suspiciousness, that made the officer go after you so hard. Of course if they started asking him basic questions in the beginning that he could not answer and dug himself a hole from there they will not let go and ask to withdraw or otherwise take it to court with DHS prosecutor, house visits, second stokes interview.
              But this is just a guess what probably happened maybe OP could elaborate.
              Ok understood now. But talking about which country someone from plus there race and religion, is there any major significant or attachments thy could lead an interview to such?

Comment

Ok understood now. But talking about which country someone from plus there race and religion, is there any major significant or attachments thy could lead an interview to such?
                Based on the news and Trumps travel ban on certain countries, USCIS might be inclined to suspect something or be just cautious. It is not fair to single out a religion, skin color or ethnicity but with many bad things happening around the world, no country would take a risk accepting people who may not contribute well to it.
                Forms sent 6/2
                Forms received 6/4
                Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                PD 6/5 & 6/6
                NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                SR 9/2
                Contacted Congressman 10/1
                Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                Interview letter 10/10
                Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                Interview 11/8 RFE after
                New Card Being Produced 11/16
                Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

oh there is for example if you go through the forum or the i485 experience page you will see that especially africans and people from middle east rarely get approved on the spot and have a tough interview with home visits.
                  so while they say race religion and place of origin place no role ,it certainly does. thats why i think its important to say this because USCIS works like other big companys in that they put people in risk pools and yes if you are from a very poor country with a high amount of fraud and unstable or enemy government you are going to have to jump through a lot more hoops to get the immigration benefit you are looking for , from visitor visa to green card and citizenship .

Comment

USCIS adjudicators are only human. And humans are racist AF, and suffer deep inferiority complexes. If your immigration partner (the USC) can't put them in their place, you risk getting railroaded in an interview

Comment

I agree with Inadmissible below that your husband should never have withdrawn the application. You had the legal right to appeal an unfavorable decision. If your marriage is truly bona fide (legitimate) then you should have nothing to worry about. You must ask your husband to handle these things better in the future. If the agent is rude, respond respectfully. Don't allow the agent to bait your husband into fury until the point where he decides to withdraw the application.

Comment

Something is off

Thanks !
                        Something is very wrong with this situation. There had to be red flags for IO to separate you right away. The fact that your husband withdrew his petition speaks volume. When you reapply, don't you think that will show up? It doesn't matter how rude an officer is, I would not withdraw my application to restart the process. That's a waste of time and money.
                        When I did my interview, the IO was strict and mean. She had some preconceived notions of our relationship due to the age difference. I looked her straight in the eye during the interview as did my husband. When I answered questions she would frown and make a face of displeasure but at the end of the day I had evidence that were hard to be disputed. I didn't care if they followed us around or came to our home. That green card belonged to me!
                        If your marriage is legitimate, your husband should have fought for you and the relationship. (If you really need advice that will be helpful, the truth behind your situation has to be known) GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARD!!!

Comment

oh there is for example if you go through the forum or the i485 experience page you will see that especially africans and people from middle east rarely get approved on the spot and have a tough interview with home visits.
                          so while they say race religion and place of origin place no role ,it certainly does. thats why i think its important to say this because USCIS works like other big companys in that they put people in risk pools and yes if you are from a very poor country with a high amount of fraud and unstable or enemy government you are going to have to jump through a lot more hoops to get the immigration benefit you are looking for , from visitor visa to green card and citizenship .
                          I understand what you saying in a real sense.

Comment

There is no need to say that iam hiding something , my husband is abusing me and controling me since the interview is over , i figured out that he went to the interview and changed all the facts in front of the interviewer and withdrawn the application and didn’t give me a chance to complete the interview to have chance for apeal !
                            Now he is controlling me and abusing me emotionaly and treating me invery bad way , he want me to pay him for the child support ( he has child support for a child from previous marriage which he did’t tell me about before marriage , i just knew about it after we got married and filed the package since then he was forcing me to pay the child support every 2 weeks , or he will call the police to have them deport me !)
                            I already was obayibg him idon’t know why , any ways he did so in the interview to control me more and threat me , iam now asking for help what should i do ?
                            Iam very scared of him , he was treating me badly infront people and that makes me feel down iam broke up deep inside cannot talk cannot eat or drink or sleep , he is destroying me now !
                            Please help !

Comment

There is no need to say that iam hiding something , my husband is abusing me and controling me since the interview is over , i figured out that he went to the interview and changed all the facts in front of the interviewer and withdrawn the application and didn’t give me a chance to complete the interview to have chance for apeal !
                              Now he is controlling me and abusing me emotionaly and treating me invery bad way , he want me to pay him for the child support ( he has child support for a child from previous marriage which he did’t tell me about before marriage , i just knew about it after we got married and filed the package since then he was forcing me to pay the child support every 2 weeks , or he will call the police to have them deport me !)
                              I already was obayibg him idon’t know why , any ways he did so in the interview to control me more and threat me , iam now asking for help what should i do ?
                              Iam very scared of him , he was treating me badly infront people and that makes me feel down iam broke up deep inside cannot talk cannot eat or drink or sleep , he is destroying me now !
                              Please help !
                              If he withdrew the application your AOS is denied or will be denied soon which will mean you are /will be in the US illegally.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X