No announcement yet.

Will calling Congressmans Office work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will calling Congressmans Office work?

Hello, I want to ask people here who had experience to be helped by their congressman? About my self (wife) married in April 2017, my b2 visa expired july 2017. My husband and I hired a lawyer for my immigration case hoping to make things easier but it seems liked they caused the delay. April 27 the USCIS MSC received my cases , 2 weeks later we received a notice that they are requesting for additional evidence- 2016 tax and Employment certificate - which my husband had on hand when we went to attorneys office but the paralegal 'insisted' it is not yet needed since the tax return hasnt been finished yet. We were pissed off when we received the RFE letter but we proceeded. So May 30th they received the evidence and started working on my case again. I forgot when in August when I received my appointment for Sep 5th biometrics. I received my combo card on Sep 13th. And also my case for AOS online has been updated since Sep 11 that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Also I am pregnant and due in November but I have a feeling it would be earlier than that. Hoping to have my GC at least approved before my babys birth since it has been awhile. Shall I contact my local congressman? If you suggest so, how?? Or shall I just call the USCIS hotline and tell them about my situation? Or should I just rather wait? I am afraid we cannot bring my newborn in the interview in case it will be later after she's born. Any advise is welcome. Thank You!

Originally posted by Camicookie14 View Post
    Hello, I want to ask people here who had experience to be helped by their congressman? About my self (wife) married in April 2017, my b2 visa expired july 2017. My husband and I hired a lawyer for my immigration case hoping to make things easier but it seems liked they caused the delay. April 27 the USCIS MSC received my cases , 2 weeks later we received a notice that they are requesting for additional evidence- 2016 tax and Employment certificate - which my husband had on hand when we went to attorneys office but the paralegal 'insisted' it is not yet needed since the tax return hasnt been finished yet. We were pissed off when we received the RFE letter but we proceeded. So May 30th they received the evidence and started working on my case again. I forgot when in August when I received my appointment for Sep 5th biometrics. I received my combo card on Sep 13th. And also my case for AOS online has been updated since Sep 11 that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Also I am pregnant and due in November but I have a feeling it would be earlier than that. Hoping to have my GC at least approved before my babys birth since it has been awhile. Shall I contact my local congressman? If you suggest so, how?? Or shall I just call the USCIS hotline and tell them about my situation? Or should I just rather wait? I am afraid we cannot bring my newborn in the interview in case it will be later after she's born. Any advise is welcome. Thank You!
    Yes It worked in my case. We were waiitng for 4 months after sending the RFE, then we communicated with congressman office and case status changed immediately. At first, I emailed to the congressman and then I called and talked with a person from his local office. They lady helped me a lot.

Regards
    Sajib
    You can reach me at: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by sajib0012 View Post
      Yes It worked in my case. We were waiitng for 4 months after sending the RFE, then we communicated with congressman office and case status changed immediately. At first, I emailed to the congressman and then I called and talked with a person from his local office. They lady helped me a lot.

Regards
      Sajib
      You can reach me at: [email protected]
      My PD date is 6/5, bio 6/28. I submitted a case inquiry 9/2 and I have not received a response. I called the office of my congressman, a representative explained to me everything and told me to wait 30 days from the date that I am suppose to get a response (9/24) and then come in to the office and submit another case inquiry. The representative said that sending SR/case inquiries right after another is something USCIS does not like.
      Forms sent 6/2
      Forms received 6/4
      Received texts/e-mails 6/6
      PD 6/5 & 6/6
      NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
      Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
      SR 9/2
      Contacted Congressman 10/1
      Called the Congressman's office 10/10
      Interview letter 10/10
      Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
      Received EAD/AP card 10/17
      Interview 11/8 RFE after
      New Card Being Produced 11/16
      Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}