RFE on B2 extension but biometrics for green card is scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on B2 extension but biometrics for green card is scheduled

I recently filed for my parents' green card while I filed for B2 extension.
    Their biometrics is scheduled for the 3rd of October and I have revived an RFE for their B2 extension which I should respond to by October 15th.
    Should I respond to the RFE?

Originally posted by kvkumar View Post
    Their biometrics is scheduled for the 3rd of October and I have revived an RFE for their B2 extension which I should respond to by October 15th.
    for i know, b2 is a nonimmigrant visa for persons who want to enter the United States TEMPORARILY for tourism. yet you filed GC for your parent (applying GC means they are going to immigrate) You should actually already know what the RFE is about.
    You should't apply for an extension while filing GC for them. i think you should talk to lawyer about it.

its just my opinion. not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by kvkumar View Post
      I am assuming you are a citizen. In that case, it does not matter whether your parents in status or not, as far as AOS is concerned. The only requirement is that they have been inspected/admitted, which is what happened when they arrived using their B2. So, filing the B2 extension was not required. If they are not going to travel out of the US until they receive AP, then you could leave the RFE alone, and let USCIS reject it, since you will no longer need the B2 anyways, once hey get their GC.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X