Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the EB5 (Immigrant Investor) program work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the EB5 (Immigrant Investor) program work?

I tried reading up on this online but all the information I need doesn't seem to be in one spot.

I understand that foreign investors can invest $500,000 in Targeted Employment Areas (TEA) or $1 million in general areas and get an EB5 visa. There are regional centers in every state that are allowed to pool investment capital.

A few questions:

1) Does that mean that all I have to do is invest cash into a regional center and that's it?

2) Is there a list of TEAs that I can find? How do I find out whether or not I have to invest $500,000 or $1 million? I looked at some websites of regional centers but they don't say whether the money goes towards TEAs or not.

3) What happens after the 2-year conditional green card period? It seems as if there's some kind of evaluation of whether or not your investment created 10+ jobs. How does that work? How do we know whether or not we created 10+ jobs if we invest in regional centers? What happens after the 2-year evaluation period is successful? Are we then given a permanent green card? Or is there an evaluation period every 2 years?

Thanks for any answers!

Edit: Oh, a few more questions:

1) How does the investment principal work? Are there interest payments? At what point can we take back the principal amount? How do taxes work?
    Last edited by noblerare; 09-26-2017, 09:54 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X