Fiance/ Spouse Visa process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance/ Spouse Visa process?

I have a query regarding the process of getting my fiancé a visa to live in the United States.

As a bit of background, I am a US citizen (I have a US passport) and I was born and raised in Ireland. I am currently living and working in the States, however my fiancé is still living in Dublin. We are due to get married next July and we were hoping my fiancé (then husband) will be able to move over in August 2018 (1 month after we marry). To add confusion to the mix, I will be moving home to Dublin from January to August next year, so I will not be US domiciled when we get married next year.

What is the best way forward given our particular situation, the fianace or spouse visa? We are open to getting married earlier if needs be in a courthouse, if it means we can move over next August.

My advice is to not marry in Ireland, but simply petition your fiancee for a K1 visa. She should then have her visa in about 7 months.
    Your plan to bring her to the U.S. a month after your marry may not be realistic, as you are assuming she will have her visa in only one month.

--Ray B

Originally posted by deverelk View Post
    I have a query regarding the process of getting my fiancé a visa to live in the United States.

As a bit of background, I am a US citizen (I have a US passport) and I was born and raised in Ireland. I am currently living and working in the States, however my fiancé is still living in Dublin. We are due to get married next July and we were hoping my fiancé (then husband) will be able to move over in August 2018 (1 month after we marry). To add confusion to the mix, I will be moving home to Dublin from January to August next year, so I will not be US domiciled when we get married next year.

What is the best way forward given our particular situation, the fianace or spouse visa? We are open to getting married earlier if needs be in a courthouse, if it means we can move over next August.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X